My question is, I found some 950xl after market batterys. Should I get them?

Redman Robert

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 950XL, 2 or 3 hours into my day, battery is almost dead. Owed for about 6 mouths, started out ok, not great. My 1520 lasted all day, and then some.

drmega0226

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend aftermarket batteries. Seriously, if you have to buy third party batteries, check reviews. Buy reputable.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First, I would like to see why your Lumia dies within 2-3 hours because that time is usually achieved only by intense gaming 100% of the time. If you're using it normally, I would try to get it looked at under warranty.

Redman Robert

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Fixed... something must have running in the back ground, Did a Hard reset, reinstalled, now everything is up and running. Got 6-7 hours of life yesterday.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Fixed... something must have running in the back ground, Did a Hard reset, reinstalled, now everything is up and running. Got 6-7 hours of life yesterday.
Proud of ya. So many people just whine and wimper about how much work it is and just wont do it. Good Job ! :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had luck with aftermarket batteries but even then I can't recommend then, even though they perform as expected, they are obviously not original if you look closely, can't tell how reliable it will be after half year or 1 year, who knows maybe they are carbon copies, they are all made in china anyway, they probably have a dedicated facility to undercut easy to replicate products from major brands, otherwise they wouldn't have so many buys on ebay

just don't go too cheap if you finally buy one, and preferably get the one with OEM stickers on it

Jimmy Banksss

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I bought from these guys https://rounded.com/

And the battery works PERFECTLY. I bought a 950XL from some dude, he must have fried the original battery somehow. Maybe too much wireless charging (with inappropriate cases). Anyway, the battery that he gave me (which is the original), was faulty. It had no bulge but was causing the phone to randomly restart.

I bought this battery from Rounded, compared it to the original and they look exactly the same (I think that Rounded do sell originals), from the looks of it, what they sell are parts from Phones that have been disassembled. Anyway now my phone has never been better. Not only does it not randomly restart, but the battery life is even better.

I live in Australia, so there might be better options for someone living in America. But physical Microsoft stores here, all but don't exist...many of the retailers don't ship to Australia...so rounded.com was my best option.

I have a wireless charger, but I also have a thick case...I am afraid to wireless charge now. Ideally wireless charging should be used sparingly and with a thin case.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Personally, I find a phone that "just sits in my pocket" to be a useless device unless it runs from 5:30 am to 10-11:00 pm on a single charge.

I get if you use it with the screen on like browsing, gaming, or you watch a lot of video, that will greatly reduce the power storage and the expected run time should be adjusted accordingly.

I listen to audio by Bluetooth headset for up to 6-8 hours a day. The phone stays in my pocket and I am usually on Wi-Fi. Some builds have been bad, and Groove is usually a power hog, but if your phone is simply on stand-by, 6-7 hours, to me is defective, either the battery or the device. I have a 950 DS and a 950XL DS and expect this performance from them both and for the most part I do get it, some builds simple fail, but to be honest, by and large they all will run at least 11 hours and I may boost the battery when I get home from work periodically, but that is the exception, not the rule.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)