windows 10 storage pool not working

fatiguedout

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
i had created a storage pool on either won 8 or 8.1. i think it was on 8. i currently have 4 1.5 tb external hard drives in the pool. i hadnt used them for a while as i had gotten a server. but i still have those 4 hd almost full. i had upgraded from windows 8.1 which they werrte last seen working with. now i am running 10 and plugged them into same pc but upgraded and doesnt show up in "this pc" however today i open disk managment and i got this messagestoage pool.png
what do i do i dont want to loose all my stuff or make things worse

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Here's a video that might help! Have you right clicked the drives and given them a dive letter? You have a lot of data.Welcome to Windows Central. Let me know how things go for you! The drives have to be Initialized before they are recognized. Maybe other members will have more replies latter!
https://youtu.be/ZxV6IcNvbek?t=1

fatiguedout

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
so which option do i choose to initialize it with.. and i used to have a drive letter assigned to the pool. why would it remove itself?

when i do initialize it. are there any chances of loosing data?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
so which option do i choose to initialize it with.. and i used to have a drive letter assigned to the pool. why would it remove itself?

when i do initialize it. are there any chances of loosing data?
Hi friend! I have never been where you are. I do not understand a pool. Did you read the entire link from HTG that I attached. You upgraded to a new OS(W10)??? That's all I can find by searching your problem. Will you lose data?? IDK. Maybe another member has more suggestions for you!:wink: I have never know anyone with 4 external drives in a poll with that much data. That would scare me also. Good luck. Post back when you find a solution!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077