Maximize battery on lumia 640DS

angel1998

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi, WindowsCentral users...
Well, I have the Lumia 640DS which I bought recently...
The OS that I have installed is Windows 10 Mobile and I am in release ring(latest build)
I want to ask something. Is there any way that we can maximize/optimize the battery so to last longer??
I have turned off,the synchronization from settings, the sync of the e-mail, the most apps from the background and also I have the battery saver on(always).
Unless from this options we can improve it via registry like interop tools app??

Thanks for your answers

And something offtopic...
what does happen if you press 3 times the vol up and down simultaneously?
When I do that it vibrates 3 times and after that the screen flashes one time!
*sorry for any mistakes!!
*Fanatic Lumia user here!! <3

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
To me, it sounds like you have done the best options. You can also reduce brightness too though.

I'm not sure if you can use interop tools to improve battery life.

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
and also I have the battery saver on(always).
NFC and Bluetooth not ON all the time. I wonder why there is no visible icon/symbol if bluetooth is activated?

With Windows 10 Mobile, charging the phone disables the battery saver and battery saver won't be back on automatically which is not nice. Windows Phone 8.1 remembered your battery saver on/off-setting, and after you had finished charging the battery the saver was back on. I don't understand why Windows 10 cannot remember some useful user settings.

After reboot the battery saver is disabled as well.

angel1998

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
NFC and Bluetooth not ON all the time. I wonder why there is no visible icon/symbol if bluetooth is activated?

With Windows 10 Mobile, charging the phone disables the battery saver and battery saver won't be back on automatically which is not nice. Windows Phone 8.1 remembered your battery saver on/off-setting, and after you had finished charging the battery the saver was back on. I don't understand why Windows 10 cannot remember some useful user settings.

After reboot the battery saver is disabled as well.

Diamon, yes when the phone is charging the battery saver goes off...
When you unplug the cable the battery saver automatically turns on! (at least for me). There is an option in settings(system, and then battery section) that says from what percentage's battery to turn on battery saver...
I hope I helped you.
Aww I forgot... When I do restart the battery saver it stays on! It doesn't turned off!
Thanks for answering me!

Last edited:

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
When you unplug the cable the battery saver automatically turns on! (at least for me). There is an option in settings(system, and then battery section) that says from what percentage's battery to turn on battery saver...
I hope I helped you.

You're right. At least now it seems to work nicely for when I put the slider to 100 % position.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans