Amazon Prime TV/Movies and W10?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Finally get Amazon Prime for TV/Movies in Canada - of course none work in my region....

Think there will ever be an app for it for my phone....

I know...hoping...

Are there any TV video apps for Windows Phone? I know there is Netflix. HBO Go?

Experiences? Please share!

Mr. V

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Finally get Amazon Prime for TV/Movies in Canada - of course none work in my region....

Think there will ever be an app for it for my phone....

I know...hoping...

Are there any TV video apps for Windows Phone? I know there is Netflix. HBO Go?

Experiences? Please share!

Mr. V
Amazingly Edge on my 950XL gets SUPER close to being able to play Amazon Prime videos. The player loads, I can make it full screen, but when I start a video it stops playing, but after less than a second it pauses. If you don't mind tapping the screen 10,000 times you can probably finish a movie. Not sure if MS or Amazon needs to fix this.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Abandon hope for Amazon Prime support on Windows Phone. And I'd say it's highly unlikely that an Amazon Video app will ever come out for Windows 10. I doubt Amazon wants to spend the money developing an app when most users are going to use the browser anyway.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
True, but maybe there is a chance with the browser....small steps?

Abandon hope for Amazon Prime support on Windows Phone. And I'd say it's highly unlikely that an Amazon Video app will ever come out for Windows 10. I doubt Amazon wants to spend the money developing an app when most users are going to use the browser anyway.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
True, but maybe there is a chance with the browser....small steps?
I wrote above that the player actually opens on Edge Mobile, and the controls work (fullscreen, play) but on my 950XL it stops playing after a couple of frames. Maybe a bug, or maybe the player is too demanding for the Snapdragon 810. Can others try? Does it work on a HP X3?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Awesome - because it seems if it gets that far, it is doable. It is a movie or TV show? Wondering if tried a shorter how, or lower bitrate might make a difference. Or different browser?

I wrote above that the player actually opens on Edge Mobile, and the controls work (fullscreen, play) but on my 950XL it stops playing after a couple of frames. Maybe a bug, or maybe the player is too demanding for the Snapdragon 810. Can others try? Does it work on a HP X3?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Awesome - because it seems if it gets that far, it is doable. It is a movie or TV show? Wondering if tried a shorter how, or lower bitrate might make a difference. Or different browser?
As Sinime just wrote, it looks like a UWP Amazon Video app is likely coming soon. Awesome. As for what I tried in Edge on WP10, it was a movie, and I couldn't find an option to change the quality setting.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Tried in on my 930. I can get to the video page, but the play button does nothing....you got further than I!

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb