Finally get Amazon Prime for TV/Movies in Canada - of course none work in my region....

Think there will ever be an app for it for my phone....

I know...hoping...

Are there any TV video apps for Windows Phone? I know there is Netflix. HBO Go?

Experiences? Please share!

Mr. V
    12-14-2016 09:34 PM
    Most we can do is keep letting Amazon know That we need Windows Phone app for prime.
    12-14-2016 10:16 PM
    Finally get Amazon Prime for TV/Movies in Canada - of course none work in my region....

Think there will ever be an app for it for my phone....

I know...hoping...

Are there any TV video apps for Windows Phone? I know there is Netflix. HBO Go?

Experiences? Please share!

Mr. V
    Amazingly Edge on my 950XL gets SUPER close to being able to play Amazon Prime videos. The player loads, I can make it full screen, but when I start a video it stops playing, but after less than a second it pauses. If you don't mind tapping the screen 10,000 times you can probably finish a movie. Not sure if MS or Amazon needs to fix this.
    12-14-2016 10:25 PM
    Abandon hope for Amazon Prime support on Windows Phone. And I'd say it's highly unlikely that an Amazon Video app will ever come out for Windows 10. I doubt Amazon wants to spend the money developing an app when most users are going to use the browser anyway.
    Daniel Gilbert M likes this.
    12-14-2016 11:45 PM
    True, but maybe there is a chance with the browser....small steps?

Abandon hope for Amazon Prime support on Windows Phone. And I'd say it's highly unlikely that an Amazon Video app will ever come out for Windows 10. I doubt Amazon wants to spend the money developing an app when most users are going to use the browser anyway.
    HeyCori likes this.
    12-14-2016 11:51 PM
    True, but maybe there is a chance with the browser....small steps?
    I wrote above that the player actually opens on Edge Mobile, and the controls work (fullscreen, play) but on my 950XL it stops playing after a couple of frames. Maybe a bug, or maybe the player is too demanding for the Snapdragon 810. Can others try? Does it work on a HP X3?
    12-15-2016 07:42 AM
    Awesome - because it seems if it gets that far, it is doable. It is a movie or TV show? Wondering if tried a shorter how, or lower bitrate might make a difference. Or different browser?

I wrote above that the player actually opens on Edge Mobile, and the controls work (fullscreen, play) but on my 950XL it stops playing after a couple of frames. Maybe a bug, or maybe the player is too demanding for the Snapdragon 810. Can others try? Does it work on a HP X3?
    12-15-2016 12:52 PM
    Well, FWIW, there is apparently a new Amazon Video app starting to roll out to Xbox One... Why is this significant? Per the WC article, "The app appears to be UWP-ready, but there is currently no sign of it on the Windows 10 Store."

Crossing fingers that it does in fact make it to Windows 10... PC & Mobile...

Amazon Video is quietly rolling out a new app for Xbox One | Windows Central
    Joe920 and vEEP pEEP like this.
    12-15-2016 01:32 PM
    Awesome - because it seems if it gets that far, it is doable. It is a movie or TV show? Wondering if tried a shorter how, or lower bitrate might make a difference. Or different browser?
    As Sinime just wrote, it looks like a UWP Amazon Video app is likely coming soon. Awesome. As for what I tried in Edge on WP10, it was a movie, and I couldn't find an option to change the quality setting.
    12-15-2016 01:37 PM
    Tried in on my 930. I can get to the video page, but the play button does nothing....you got further than I!

12-15-2016 07:20 PM
    Even DRIVETRIBE doesn't plan on launching a Windows 10 App.

https://drivetribehelp.zendesk.com/h...ows-Phone-App-
    12-16-2016 11:25 AM
    Very few people makes apps for Windows Phones. I think anyone using WP knows that but we live with the limitation in hopes of things changing.
    Since Amazon probably is still used by desktop users - UWP might be a possibilit?

Let's hope Drivetribe goes the same way?

Even DRIVETRIBE doesn't plan on launching a Windows 10 App.

https://drivetribehelp.zendesk.com/h...ows-Phone-App-
    Daniel Gilbert M likes this.
    12-17-2016 09:39 AM