1. Martemp's Avatar
    My Lumia 532 stalled at update today. I used WD recovery tool an in restoring usage data it remains stuck at 25%, with the choice to retry or give up and take the loss of backup information. The last few hours I chose to proceed hoping the problems could be resolved, like announced.
    How long should I wait for a solution? Or do I have to take my loss?
    12-15-2016 02:25 PM
  2. Tejas Javery's Avatar
    I have been there a lot of times. waiting is no use I assume. but wait for an hour or two. it probably wont budge. but the thing is it doesn't get stuck, it has a lot of things running in the background. when you give up and agree to take the loss, you will be surprised to find out all the accounts, settings, wallpapers recovered already, in spite of failure. you might even find a lot of your apps installed already. the remaining apps will pile up in the store. long thing short, all the basic backup you need is already installed within 25%. remaining 75% is for the apps. the apps get downloaded. so, it is okay, go ahead with it within an hour or two.
    Martemp likes this.
    12-17-2016 12:00 AM
  3. abhishek singh21's Avatar
    Let it sit as it is, it will eventually finish only make sure that your internet source ( wifi/data) stays cennected and the device has adequate battery to finish it.
    Last edited by abhishek singh21; 12-17-2016 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Update
    Tejas Javery and Martemp like this.
    12-17-2016 12:08 AM
  4. Martemp's Avatar
    Thanks for the tips. In the mean time I found out the same. However it took a few hours to restore sufficiently. Not nice to relive the whole process at every major update.
    12-17-2016 07:26 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Lenovo y50-70 Touch Windows 10 circling blue dots AFTER enteringpassword
    By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2016, 03:24 PM
  2. apps/games missing from library after factory reset
    By RobbieRobski in forum Windows 10
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2016, 10:47 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2016, 02:02 PM
  4. How to recover lost data from Lumia 830s internal memory after a factory reset?
    By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2016, 10:31 AM
  5. AFTER entering password, Windows 10 gets stuck on login screen and circling dots
    By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2016, 09:54 AM