45 KB · Views: 83
  • Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
OK, about 7 days ago a mini mushroom cloud formed over my Dell Laptop and I had to do a reset. I'm on the Slow Insider and the release this week did not download and install for me. My reset put me back at .1000. I tried the above links and was told that none of the 3 updates that showed were compatible with my computer.

Any ideas on how I can get to the latest update. It's running OK now and I'm hesitant to make a change but !!!!!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi there! See if this is any help! Type updates in your search bar. Click on History. Left click on the update that failed. Click on More info. That will take you here.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4004227/windows-10-update-kb3206632 From there, scroll down; click on Microsoft Update Catalog. That should take you to the update you want or the one that failed. Let me know if that helped!:excited: I'm not sure if it works with insiders, but it works for me!:wink:
I try to make a good hand here on WC.:wink: Let me know if this works for you!

Last edited:

Rich-M

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
If the rollup Gary suggested does not work for you, might I suggest you went back prior to the Anniversary update that took you to version 1607 so all you need to do is go load that and then try the rollup.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
My problem is not usually getting the updates, but Windows restarting by itself at some hours, like 1am, I don't like that because I leave the computer ON some nights to download something (my internet is really really slow) and because Windows decided to reboot I am not able to download during some nights.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
My problem is not usually getting the updates, but Windows restarting by itself at some hours, like 1am, I don't like that because I leave the computer ON some nights to download something (my internet is really really slow) and because Windows decided to reboot I am not able to download during some nights.
Hi I'm not sure I'm following you. You can restart manually any time you want to. You can also schedule when your PC will restart. Are you saying you are down loading some thing and WU triggers update while your down loading at night???Schedule when you want your PC to restart!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 1

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Nope, I'm saying WU restart the computer no matter what I'm doing, because it believes that any non working hours WU can restart no matter what.

If I'm using the computer at midnight I receive a message "you computer will restart in 5 minutes" and there is no cancel option

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi This Windows tool is seldom used, or even known about, but I find it can be very helpful for some things. This tool goes along with windows updates, so thought I would add it to this thread. The tool is called Reliability Monitor. You can excess by typing Reliability Monitor in search! You can find more about this tool here on this link from HTG
Reliability Monitor is the Best Windows Troubleshooting Tool You Aren?t Using
Reliability Monitor tracks the history of your computer — any time an application crashes, hangs, or Windows gives you a blue screen of death. It also tracks other important events, like when software is installed, or Windows Updates loads a new patch.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have two laptops that have been stuck in the update loop. On the restart it states cannot finish and undoes all it tried to do. The other freezes when I click Update in the settings menu. Very frustrated. I have tried many of these "fixes" and have run into one wall after another. The average user cannot do all these fixes, let alone even know about them.
MS sure screwed the pooch with these updates. Too much Insider Testing and not enough internal? I think the Insider program is becoming a double-edged sword.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I have two laptops that have been stuck in the update loop. On the restart it states cannot finish and undoes all it tried to do. The other freezes when I click Update in the settings menu. Very frustrated. I have tried many of these "fixes" and have run into one wall after another. The average user cannot do all these fixes, let alone even know about them.
MS sure screwed the pooch with these updates. Too much Insider Testing and not enough internal? I think the Insider program is becoming a double-edged sword.
You say you have tried every thing, so not much left for me to suggest. You also mention (Insider). I have no knowledge of how the the insider programs work. My suggestions should work for 95% of users. That's all I can do. I would suggest that you do a clean install and ditch the insider program!:wink:

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Neither are on Insider. My point was to harp a bit on MS and what their testing method may, or may not be. Updates should not 'bork' a system.

I need to try again, but my parents laptop just had a clean install right before the Anniversary Update. Just saying, the average user is stuck without paying for someone to do it, or hopefully having a friend/relative do it for nothing.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi No problem! I have done my share of griping. The updates have been APITA for a lot of people. That's why I created this thread. Hoping that some of my suggestions might help members. Some of the updates were a problem for me also, but now they seem to be updating smoothly. They do take a long time to install. I think a lot of people get tired of waiting and shut their PC down. Here's what the WU history is telling me. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825/windows-10-update-history
It's cool that you are helping your parents. Thanks for your reply!:wink:

In the list below, info about the most recent Windows update is listed first. Installing the most recent update means you get all of the previous updates, as well, including important security fixes. For reference, the five most recent updates are listed below and earlier updates are listed on the left side of this page.

December 13, 2016—KB3206632 (OS Build 14393.576)
December 9, 2016 —KB3201845 (OS Build 14393.479)
November 9, 2016 - KB3200970 (OS Build 14393.448)
November 8, 2016 - KB3200970 (OS Build 14393.447)
October 27, 2016 - KB3197954 (OS Build 14393.351)

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi! If your having trouble with Windows 10 updates, you might try this. First you have to find out what build your have. To find this out type Winver in search. Then go here to download the latest W10 updates. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825/windows-10-update-history
You can see in my screen shot; I have the latest update, so I'm good to go!:wink: Here's the latest update! Build 14393.576
http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB3206632
Those are great tips indeed, thanks ;)

Cheers

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I just want to say Hi, and a thank you for your kind replies to my thread. MS doesn't make it easy for some users, and then there are some that don't have any problems. I try my best to help those with problems and I'm learning of new problems to the updates every day. I don't have all the answers yet. The worst of the update problems should be over for most of us!:grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos