When is Microsoft going to fix Anniversary update killing webcams?

murphcid

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
When will Microsoft fix the issue of the Windows 10 Anniversary update killing webcams? I got my wife a new computer for Christmas, and the webcam worked fine. Updated to Winders 10 Anniversary edition, and *poof* no webcam. My Google-fu tells me that this is a very prevalent issue, so when will Microsoft finally fix the issue? I patched it with a registry hack, but for how long? Will the next update unfix my fix? This is unacceptable, and needs to be corrected.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Welcome to Windows Central! You say you fixed your issue with a registry hack?? Why not share it with other members who might be having a similar problem!
There have been several up dates sense the Anniversary update. I'm on build 14393.576. What build are you on? My searching tells me that MS has already made a patch for that problem.

murphcid

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Here are some links. I updated to the 1607 update and it killed the webcam on the HP laptop (M6-AR004dx) that I had gotten for my wife: The Lifehacker fix is what seems to have corrected the issue. I am posting this on my linux laptop, so I don't have the exact build available because I wrapped the laptop up and it is under the tree.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update breaks most webcams | Ars Technica

How to fix the webcam freezing issue on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update | Windows Central

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Broke Millions of Webcams, Here's How to Fix It

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans