Yahoo sign-in request on W10M

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Recently, I am getting a "Yahoo Account is out-of-date" message, quite often (maybe, 10 times a day) on my 950XL. If I hit sync, it brings the email inbox "up to date", this last time I hit the sync icon, it brought me to a "supposed" Yahoo Account sign-in page (see attachment)? anyone else get this message? could it be a Phishing Attack on my 950XL, DS, USA, 14977.1000???

wp_ss_20161219_0001.jpg

I have already changed my password (back in Sept), and have 2-step verification. This request and the manner it was delivered is just looks soooo suspicious...

Question: am I over thinking this request to sign is? the reason, I ask, is that I get a "daily" request to sign-in to my yahoo account on my desktop (which I know are Phishing attempts), but NOTHING so blatant as to have a POP-UP sign-in request, as shown above.... are the attempts getting that good, or is there something else going on? Thanks for your thoughts, or explanation.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't there a massive Yahoo breach recently? Changing passwords is probably a good idea anyway.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I use Yahoo on Lumia 950 and whilst I don't receive such messages, I know of friends who receive messages for their other IMAP accounts. I would suggest that you delete and reconfigure your Yahoo! account on your Lumia 950XL.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I use Yahoo on Lumia 950 and whilst I don't receive such messages, I know of friends who receive messages for their other IMAP accounts. I would suggest that you delete and reconfigure your Yahoo! account on your Lumia 950XL.

sounds prudent, thanks for the suggestion.

darius_robin

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
You might also want to look into using Thunderbird to transfer them manually as Yahoo has been known to play games when people try to connect it directly to other accounts ie preventing transfer for period of time. I am sure with this latest hack, there is even more temptation for them to at least try to slow the exodus.

The way I said works, tried it myself.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Yahoo admitted to two data breaches, once in September and again in December, although they happened long ago. That login screen looks like a legit Yahoo page to me. I get the out of sync message periodically but nowhere near as frequently as you do. I just hit cancel and carry on.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yahoo admitted to two data breaches, once in September and again in December, although they happened long ago. That login screen looks like a legit Yahoo page to me. I get the out of sync message periodically but nowhere near as frequently as you do. I just hit cancel and carry on.

I appreciate the verification that this email is "probably" legit, I thought it was, but you never know how sophisticated hack have gotten to the real thing. I have not seen the "pop-up" again, since the day of writing the original post, nor did I use it; and all seems to be working correctly.

Thank to all, for the great advice and suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans