Youtube, Bing Video and other streaming media issues

Rubenidas

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi Windows Central family!
Anyone else having issues on mobile playing videos, whether it be on bing video search, youtube, vevo.... or streaming music on Pandora/Spotify... etc...

i seem to notice a lot of issues lately. Sometimes i cant get any to work. Currently I am getting the "Hmm, we cant reach this page" on bing video when i try to play any video. Same thing for youtube.

I have a Lumia 950 XL fyi.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I haven't tried today but I haven't had any issues playing music on Spotify with my phone around wifi and without it, lately.

Are you playing YouTube in the browser?

Rubenidas

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
but to your point, even when i try to load Tubecast, it doesnt load. it just sits on the launch screen with the logo..but never loads.

I am not sure what the heck is going on.

Rubenidas

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
See the attached pic. i cannot load anything. It does it on wifi too i believe. I say that because i usually try to play from here while in the car, so it happens while i am on LTE (Tmobile).

taylor swift  bing video.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wow, that's really odd. I'm also on T-Mobile on a non T-Mo branded phone (Lumia 650 - single sim), and even with one bar of LTE, it still loads and plays. Does anything change if you do a soft reset?

Rubenidas

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm so sorry that you have to do that. I hope that it will work for you though.

Thanks, unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. But I am read up on the thread for build 14977 and it seems there are several people with my issues as well. Its safe to say it is the build. Waiting for the next one to come out anxiously.

Youtube and Bind Videos seem to be working just fine on my Lumia 950 View attachment 132887View attachment 132888

Are you on the same build as me ? 14977..

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, unfortunately it didn't fix the issue. But I am read up on the thread for build 14977 and it seems there are several people with my issues as well. Its safe to say it is the build. Waiting for the next one to come out anxiously.

Are you on the same build as me ? 14977..

I'm sorry it didn't work. I hope it will be resolved soon. I don't do Insider builds, so I am on the regular release build.

humzahyaz

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
14965.1001 - Slow build on the insider ring. I was on the fast build until my phone lost the option of making calls. Since I use it as a primary driver, I don't run my Lumia 950 on fast ring any longer.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
See the attached pic. i cannot load anything. It does it on wifi too i believe. I say that because i usually try to play from here while in the car, so it happens while i am on LTE (Tmobile).

I too am on T-Mobile, and I have issues in certain geographical areas. I'm in New York, and I commute using the subway. If I am at a certain spot, above ground actually, it'll drop the connection and any media that hasn't buffered will get playback dropped. This is over a three block distance, so really a short distance. It's just the way the topography is and the way the antennas are laid out I guess. So, this affects Groove Music and YouTube (Edge) and any browsing.

So I would start by looking at when and where it happens, and definitely what connection you're on. Restart is also my go-to solution to any computer issues, so that may be worth a try.

In any case, I always recommend trying the same thing in different circumstances, or doing different things in the same circumstance, and make not of it all. Without taking a more "scientific" approach to the problem solving it's quite difficult to nail down the problem.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Same exact issue (fast ring). On top of that, my tubecast and metrotube apps are not working most of the time. Also on T-Mobile, but I tried without the sim and the issue is still there. So it's not network related. Been getting this error for a few days now and can't figure out what is causing it. I will try to do a hard reset tomorrow and see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon