Why can't I find ANYTHING on Windows 10.

lja440

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I need to find out my printers ink level (HP Officejet 4650) and I can not.
I have random streeming windows opening all the time and can not find a way to block it.
I can't find Word AT ALL.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
As of printers ink level, one or maybe only way to find is installing printers software. If you don't have disc find your printer on HP.com, the software will be there.

I'll leave the rest for others

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 12

lja440

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Random STREAMING pop-ups. Not Steering. I can leave the computer and come back and 6 or more windows have opened with random video ads playing. I have Hughesnet and have VERY limited data, this eats it up. and yes my pop up blocker is on.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
As of printers ink level, one or maybe only way to find is installing printers software. If you don't have disc find your printer on HP.com, the software will be there.

I'll leave the rest for others
Hi friend Team work is always good. Good advise about finding the printer. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861
I don't know about you and PlexusCV, but there seems to be a lot going on and sounds like malware. A refresh-reset might be needed.
Your thoughts! Thanks for joining the thread guys!:wink:
PS Might try run Malwarebytes free! https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/

lja440

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
That link is where I was before. They would not even try to tell me how to check the ink. They said it would cost $99 for basic help.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
That link is where I was before. They would not even try to tell me how to check the ink. They said it would cost $99 for basic help.
What link are you talking about?? Who said it would cost 99$. I really don't think I can help you further! your replies are not making any sense!:grin:

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Random STREAMING pop-ups. Not Steering. I can leave the computer and come back and 6 or more windows have opened with random video ads playing. I have Hughesnet and have VERY limited data, this eats it up. and yes my pop up blocker is on.

A classic sign of malware.

lja440

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I get that. And more advanced help with it I found out at Staples yesterday is covered by my antivirus (I'll contact them after work). The Staples guy also showed me how to check for ink on the printer it's self. It's showing low but not empty But the tech guy couldn't say how to find it on windows 10 using chrome.

rmeigs

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
One doesn't use Chrome to check printer ink levels. You use Windows 10 by typing 'devises' in the search bar which will bring you to the Control Panel. Then click on your printer.

You are getting all those pop-ups because your system is infected with a virus.

Last edited:

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
That printer has an internal website that can be accessed if the printer is on the network. You keep saying Chrome, Chrome, Chrome... Chrome has got nothing to do with it. IT's Browser, Browser, Browser, Browser - with or without Chrome.

If the printer's on the network, the tech who originally set the printer up may have left the default username/password as is for the printer's internal website - that's in your manual. If the tech changed it, you'll have too contact him/her/them.

As far as talking you through how to find out the network link (address) for the printer hopefully someone else here can do that. I could only do it if I was sitting at your pc.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

badelhas

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
That printer has an internal website that can be accessed if the printer is on the network. You keep saying Chrome, Chrome, Chrome... Chrome has got nothing to do with it. IT's Browser, Browser, Browser, Browser - with or without Chrome.

If the printer's on the network, the tech who originally set the printer up may have left the default username/password as is for the printer's internal website - that's in your manual. If the tech changed it, you'll have too contact him/her/them.

As far as talking you through how to find out the network link (address) for the printer hopefully someone else here can do that. I could only do it if I was sitting at your pc.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.
Very well explained

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers