Negative impacts on eyesight when starting at a display for long periods of time?

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Well, blue light is a thing and I heard it can cause severe long-term issues. It emits far more energy having a shorter wavelength. What are some ways to prevent this? You can actually set your Lumia to warmer sets as I stated in a different thread. Again, you go to Settings>Extras>Colour profile> click the drop down menu and select Advanced, then set it to a warmer colour temperature. On IOS 10 it should be automatic, but you can customize it by going to Settings> Display & Brightness> Night Shift.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
NOTE: You could also do this if you own a Lenovo laptop that has "Lenovo Settings". Go to the Lenovo Settings and select display, then select Night Mode.

mkKozak

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
The most important thing is the balance between brightness of your screen and your room light. The worst thing is completely dark room and very bright screen.
This blue light reduction feature that they put in every monitor is just a new, very cheap to implement marketing thing. Your eyes would feel better with more refresh rate than this "unhealthy" blue color. And wavelength have nothing to do with "power" (amplitude) of the wave.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
only CRTs gave me a headache when playing for hours, if anything I should be blind by now according to most people's beliefs, I actually love chilly looking displays, have my lumias set to cool temp and so on, watching screens almost 80-90% of the day :p

they say brightness differences between screen and surroundings are bad for you and it becomes pretty obvious if you test it, but thanks to my ultrawide multi monitor setup I can barely see some walls, and I use a 120" projector screen at 2m distance as a tv, so that probably helps, but then again, all set to "cool" color temperature

my advise is to avoid tiny looking displays surrounded by darkness, that's the only thing that makes my eyes hurt, that and reading text in a paper for long periods of time

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
The most important thing is the balance between brightness of your screen and your room light. The worst thing is completely dark room and very bright screen.
This blue light reduction feature that they put in every monitor is just a new, very cheap to implement marketing thing. Your eyes would feel better with more refresh rate than this "unhealthy" blue color. And wavelength have nothing to do with "power" (amplitude) of the wave.

Yeah, I now have a dull lamp I turn on at night, whilst using my laptop and phone.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
So... is it good to take breaks in between viewing sessions? Oh, by the way, I found it less eyestrain-inducing when reading from a mobile at warmer presets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786