Notification on W10M is not working on several messaging apps

JHinOC

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
First and foremost, it is happening to my WhatsApp app, but the same issue is also occurring on Skype Preview.
* Both current versions of WhatsApp and WhatsApp Beta are NOT getting new message notifications
* It is happening on 640XL, 1520, and 950XL, all running on the latest W10M build (10.0.14393.576), so it is not phone specific
* I tried WhatsApp on my Alcatel Fierce, using W10M Preview build (10.0.14977.1000) and WhatsApp gets all the message notification whether the app is running in the background or not running at all.

Does anyone know what's the change in Insider Preview Build Fast that fixed the problem? Also, when will this build be promoted to General Release? I prefer not to put preview builds on my main phones, but I am really tired of not getting my notifications and have to constantly open the app and keep it open to see incoming messages.

John

JHinOC

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Unmorphed, thanks for the response, but I hope you didn't think having 4 WP's and with all the details included above, I haven't tried to do soft resets?

Like I explained in detail above, after experimenting all different ways and looking at it from all angels, short of doing a reload, the only way I have found it to work is using the Preview build on my Alcatel Fierce. Hope someone out there who have more detailed knowledge on the different builds could provide some more nuanced and logical response.
John

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
You'd be surprised what "seasoned" users, try and don't try.
It's kind of like when you call your service provider and they tell you to reset your router.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't get any notifications from WhatsApp either, Slow Ring, I can't remember exactly when it started but it's annoying as hell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers