A large number of apps suddenly wont load???

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Thx for the quick reply, no txt messages showed up in an hour on 8.1, so i decided to go for w10m again, we'll see if they return quicker.
Makes sense about txt messages being part of ms account and not part of phone backup. I dont use skype for txt messages. I found that very confusing and messy to look at skype, when the message app is more simple and "clean". Maybe its just the habit of using txt app :)
Guess I'll try out the supposedly functional w10m build I'm on now.
But if I continue to have problems I will return to 8.1 :)
Btw banking apps and others work on w10m now, so....fingers crossed

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
EDIT: txt messages started to pop back up on w10m as soon as I did hard reset...
So maybe somehow the txt messages after a long time on w10m dont show up, when rolling back to 8.1 after all?

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh forgot about automatic download of updates, so now I am on the build 14393.693.
My banking app and other affected apps still work.
Only problem so far is the return of the "saving-bug", when I take a couple of pictures in quick succession:) Its like meeting an old friend :)

GuillaumeGo

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site
same problem with lumia 950 and insider build 15047, despite cache cleaning, hard reset, etc. whatsapp, bank and others apps keep loading...

DavidGrogan

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
I had to reset it back to 8.1, using the reset tool you run from a PC, not the built-in reset, then I upgraded it to the last release build of Windows 10, worked fine, stay away from the preview builds. Hopefully it works ok when the Creators Update is finished.

Stergios Tozas

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here, Lumia 950 build 15047. Several random app fail to launch. Problem only since build 15043. But still insists... Posted a question on answers.microsoft and they suggested rollback. I don't want to.

LordBoBCUP

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
I also have this same issue, Lumia 930, random apps (Symantec VIP, Spotify, Even the Microsoft Extras & Info menu). I have noticed the time on my device changing, randomly without having auto-sync on as my carrier doesn't support it. Turning it on makes no difference. I feel this issue has something to do with time & certificates on https/ssl style conenctions and because the time on the device is out, the certs are invalid. Not sure if anyone on this thread has noticed their clock being out of sync (sometimes by a year sometimes by a day). Its very odd that its happened across a large range of builds and across a large timespan, mine has only occurred in the past 2 days, where as some on this thread was nearly a year ago.

Master Z

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm having this problem on my Lumia 1520 for the past week, too. Various apps that worked fine a week ago will just endlessly load, and then quit.

Not sure which build I'm on, as it updated automatically and I can't check the info, because now Extras and Info won't open, either... :eck:

LordBoBCUP

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
After doing considerable digging, ive found a way to read the eventlogs of these phones and extract the issue stopping my applications from opening. Basically its a missing file.

ExceptionType="System.IO.FileNotFoundException"
ExceptionMessage="Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.RuntimeHost, Version=2.0.6.0, Culture=neutral,
However, I haven't been able to establish exactly what file is missing and how it became missing. After reinstalling the applications they don't seem to provide it, its a built in .net file. I've also upgraded to the latest release 10.0.15051 with no joy either. Has anyone come across this before and found the fix for it? I have managed to get myself full access to the filesystem, so if I can get the file I can put it in its place, I just need to work out what file and where to put it.

DavidGrogan

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
Interesting. System.Windows.RuntimeHost is part of Silverlight, which the older Windows Phone 7/8 apps were written in. Win 10 apps don't use it at all, which might be why this problem only appears with certain apps (assuming it's the same problem). I would have thought WhatsApp was using the new UWP model though, and that was one of the apps I was having the problem with. I'm don't know how you'd go about reinstalling Silverlight on the phone though. I found this recent thread about it on the MS development forums: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/F...on-windows-phone-10?forum=silverlightwinphone

Jan ER

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
I`ve been facing this issue for the last 3-4 insider builds, and was finally able to solve it today.

I used the Windows Device Recovery Tool to reset my phone to Windows Mobile 10 1511. After that I installed one of the apps I knew haven`t been working for a long time, and it did in fact work. I then did an upgrade to the latest build (10.0.14393.693) and the problematic apps still worked fine.

Will this tool work on phones running Insider Preview builds?
Yes. When you use this tool on a phone that's running a preview build, it will reinstall the latest version of Windows approved for your phone by its manufacturer.

Not sure if I`m ever going to try preview builds on my day-to-day device again :)

LordBoBCUP

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
There are a number of ways, this isn't the exact way I did it but a number of the steps are the same.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ing/capture-event-trace-logs-on-windows-phone

I have already posted on the dev hub for win10m to suggest they include something similar to desktop with scannow /sfc which will replace missing system files etc nicely.

The apps I am experiencing issues with are ones that are not well maintained and probably just patched to work on win10m as there isn't a huge development base for it. Spotify, Nextgen Reader, Symantec VIP Access etc. It is very interesting that Extras & Info doesn't load (with the same missing file) which suggests it hasn't been upgraded. Naughty Microsoft.

I am really trying to avoid hard resetting my phone, and for an OS this is something that should be handled without having to completely wipe the phone.

LordBoBCUP

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
I have reported this on the Feedback Hub, perhaps upvoting it may help? I cant get a direct link using Hub on my phone, but its titled Apps broken missing system file.

Stergios Tozas

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed that many apps built for "windows phone 8 or higher" fail to launch. But not all of them. For example Viber, messenger or instagram run ok. Apps that are described in Windows store as Windows 10 version 10240.0 or higher do not have any problem.

DariaPhone

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone! I am using a Lumia 950 XL, build 10.0.14393.953 and for a couple of days now my phone is basically useless since WhatsApp, Telegram, most Games, 6tag, photo editors and and and do not load.
I do not know what you mean by "insider preview" or "fast/slow ring", I simply updated my phone as usual and roughly ten hours later the apps stopped working.
Is there any solution for it that I as a non-understander of how my phone actually works can handle?
I already tried restart, soft-reset and reinstalling all non-working apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99