A large number of apps suddenly wont load???

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi All

I am on build 14393.576 on a Lumia 930

Suddenly my banking app wont load, Orkla speedtest wont load, I cant enter insider in the settings, I cant load UC browser and I am sure several other apps are affected.
I am a smart guy, so I did a hard reset. And restored from backup - I have difficulty living without my old text messages and so on, so I guess I had to restore.

The thing is, the hard reset didnt help a bit. I am still not able to load a bunch of apps. It says loading, but doesnt load. The proces stops with a black or a white screen and thats it. I also feel I have more "resuming" screens lately.

What the h**** is wrong with my 2½ year old phone??? Does some one have an answer?

I would be happy if someone knows to solve it.

I think my next step could be to roll back to 8.1 and forget about w10m......something I really find annoying is the great number of homepages I cant view in edge....wrong size of page and text standing "on top of it self" like the space in between lines are non existent.

What do you guys think?
**********Update
I decidet to do at soft reset, which made it possible to acces windows insider in the settings. I've decided to download build 14965.1001 to see if that makes any difference to the app not loading situation.
47 views and no one has heard about this problem before?

Last edited:

Brad McGee

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi All

I am on build 14393.576 on a Lumia 930

Suddenly my banking app wont load, Orkla speedtest wont load, I cant enter insider in the settings, I cant load UC browser and I am sure several other apps are affected.
I am a smart guy, so I did a hard reset. And restored from backup - I have difficulty living without my old text messages and so on, so I guess I had to restore.

The thing is, the hard reset didnt help a bit. I am still not able to load a bunch of apps. It says loading, but doesnt load. The proces stops with a black or a white screen and thats it. I also feel I have more "resuming" screens lately.

What the h**** is wrong with my 2½ year old phone??? Does some one have an answer?

I would be happy if someone knows to solve it.

I think my next step could be to roll back to 8.1 and forget about w10m......something I really find annoying is the great number of homepages I cant view in edge....wrong size of page and text standing "on top of it self" like the space in between lines are non existent.

What do you guys think?
**********Update
I decidet to do at soft reset, which made it possible to acces windows insider in the settings. I've decided to download build 14965.1001 to see if that makes any difference to the app not loading situation.
47 views and no one has heard about this problem before?

Having the exact same problem. Apps worked great and all of a sudden they've stopped. Brand new phone too. Tried a soft and hard reset to no avail

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hmm that is interesting. Its a very strange problem. I cant find anything on it on the web...thank you for your response. It doesnt solve the problem. but somehow it helps me, that I am not the only one :)
I wonder if I can skip the restore from backup and still keep my messages and contacts? I know it might be a stupid question - after having win phones for 5 years :)

It didnt help to go on the slow ring and get a new build. I am trying my second hard reset now, so I know in a while if that helped...

Brad McGee

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Let me know how it goes. I've looked at my wife's phone and her settings are the exact same as mine and the apps that don't work on my phone work great on hers. I can't find a fix and I'm getting really frustrated. I've had this phone for a week (Alcatel Idol 4s) and love it, but this is getting ridiculous

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Lol what? Did you guys had any software update recently? There shouldn't be any builds being released this past month since it's the holiday season, and running the latest Fast Ring build on my 950, I have not encountered any of your problems.

Oddly enough, only the latest FR builds have been known to affect the apps since the update contains an updated UI rendering blah blah blah for UWP apps that made some UWP apps crashing often after several minutes of use i.e. AppRaisin.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if I can skip the restore from backup and still keep my messages and contacts? I know it might be a stupid question - after having win phones for 5 years :)
Contacts and messages are retained in the MS account and aren't affected by restores. That said, it sometimes takes a while for messages to reappear in a device after a restore and I've heard of rare cases where some messages don't reappear but that isn't related to a restore. Contacts will all still be there as soon as the device is linked to the MS account after a reset.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Let me know how it goes. I've looked at my wife's phone and her settings are the exact same as mine and the apps that don't work on my phone work great on hers. I can't find a fix and I'm getting really frustrated. I've had this phone for a week (Alcatel Idol 4s) and love it, but this is getting ridiculous

Here's a weird one. If you have both wifi and cellular data turned on. Turn off cellular data and try it on wifi only.

bmcgee81

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I've tried everything suggested including another hard reset. Still having the same problems. The apps that I know of that aren't working are : Amazon Kindle, Ringtoness Pro, Ringtone Maker, and Sonic Dash. My phone is literally brand new so it should be running the newest and most updated OS and firmware. About to take it back and see if I can get a replacement.

Marcin Data

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problems with many of my apps (including banking app). It started after the previous insider release. I hoped the next realese would fix the problem. Unfortunately the number of not working apps seems to increase, however MS own apps, as well as some official apps (including Facebook, Messenger and Twitter) still work. Other either show "Loading" or freeze on splash screen. I reported the problem to MS with no reaction.

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
@HosierD...Thx for clearing that up.
@Laura K. Its not just one app, like Kindle it was several apps, UC, Maxthon, Das Image, Mobile Pay (Danish app), Banking app, Line and others
@Others I did another soft reset and hard reset on the slow ring build. Id didnt make any difference. Apps still didnt work.
Then I deleted all nonworking apps, did a soft reset. Reinstalled one of the bad apps. It was still bad.

Then I did a hard reset and didnt restore from backup.

I dont know yet If that will do any good.

Funny thing, even though I start from scratch it still downloads line, vine, Lumia camera, Lumia beamer, app social....strange.

UPDATE
After hard resetting the phone and not restoring, Line worked again (never used i though). BUT banking app, mobile pay, UCbrowser still dont load. A lot of work for nothing.
Before all this started I had been on the preview ring for a long while. I guess Marcin Data is right about it started one or two releases ago. Also the increase of nonloading apps seems to be true in my case. I am sure I've been using apps along the way, that did work but now they dont.

I am now downloading the build 14977 from the fast ring to see if that makes any difference. I hope its stable enough for daily use :)

Buttom line: Problem unsolved so far :-(

Why are only some phones affected? 930 and 950? Strange...

Last edited:

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The build from the fast ring didnt help. I an still stuck with no banking app etc.

Does anyone know, if there is a way of going back to 8.1 AND from there to treshold branch?
And is it possible to keep txt messages, when rolling back?

I read somewhere, that you would loose txt recieved on w10, when rolling back.

Thanks to everyone so far...

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
It looks like this is a problem for a lot of people in the insider slow and fast rings...its in the insider forum. Question is, why its also a problem for me on the release preview?

It looks like there is no way to solve it but rolling back or wait for the next update???

MikeRobertson

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
I'm still having this exact same issue on the latest build 15007 where Twitter, Facebook & Messenger work but WhatsApp, Plants vs Zombies and all my banking apps don't :crying:

DavidGrogan

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
I've been having the same problem for about a month now as well, am on the latest slow ring insider preview build, with a Lumia 930. WhatsApp not working being the main PITA, IM+ also borked. Now that there's a new build on the fast ring I've moved onto that to see if it makes a difference, hasn't been picked up by Windows Update yet though.

neildon1

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
i have the same issue
its really strange
issue started in december on my lumia 950
i have a spare device at work a 930
on the 930 with the same build everything works as expected , same account
i have tried hard reset and no backup restore and the same problem
i let the inital setup complete, down load whatsapp and it will not start
i have even logged in to my online account and deleted the 950 device
to let it reassociate as a new device

both 950 and 930 are on the 15007 latest build .....

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I also used the recovery tool, now I am on 8.1 - I am thinking of staying on it. I got here drive back, banking apps work AND my biggest PITA with w10m, Edge' bad rendering of 25% of the pages I try to read is not at problem on 8.1.

Question: My text messages, after being on w10m since launch, will not appear in 8.1, will they?

So I get to choose between keeping ancient messages or having a phone, that actually works? :)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Question: My text messages, after being on w10m since launch, will not appear in 8.1, will they?
I'm pretty sure SMS messages should all still be in your history although it can take a while for them to reappear. They are not part of your phone backups if that's what you are worrying about. I'm not sure how using Skype for messaging on WM10 would effect that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiuniuz