Windows 10, No Icons for apps in search bar

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
On Windows 10, when I do a search for an app in the search bar, it will find the apps but it won't show the apps icon. For example, if I type 'weather' in the search bar, it will bring back a result for the official weather app, but instead of showing the little metro sun logo the app uses, it just shows the generic photo icon that file explorer uses. This occurs with results for about 75% of my apps. Anyone else experiencing this or know a solution?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi ! I'm really not following you very well! Here's what I get when I type weather in the search bar!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 1

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. No what I am talking about is when you type something in your search bar in the bottom at your task bar. Say I type in "weather" looking for the weather app. What I get as a result is what you see in the screen shot. It finds the app, but it can't find the logo/icon. Instead it just uses the generic photo app icon from file explorer. If you notice, when it finds an app in the store (the weather channel) it has no problem displaying the icon. But, when it finds installed apps, it doesn't know what to use for an icon.

Screenshot (1).png

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
...or another example is if you type in image or any other file name of a photo you know the name of and select '' then "photos", it again only comes up with the generic photo icon. which makes it impossible to browse your images.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Here's what I get when I type Weather Apps in search, I get this! Soory If I'm not understanding your issue.:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 1

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. You misunderstood. I already found a batch file that worked. Just was saying that if anyone has this issue that the batch file to repopulate the icons is the fix. Thanks everyone for your help. Have a great New Year!

thr4

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Sorry. You misunderstood. I already found a batch file that worked. Just was saying that if anyone has this issue that the batch file to repopulate the icons is the fix. Thanks everyone for your help. Have a great New Year!
Hi there, what did fix the issue for you? I am having the very same problem (only in search bar) and no solutions I found work. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99