I keep getting duplicated contacts in the people app

Idola_The

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
For weeks now my people app would duplicate contacts. I keep deleting them from the people site and the app on my Lumia 950 but the exact same duplicates keep coming back.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
For weeks now my people app would duplicate contacts. I keep deleting them from the people site and the app on my Lumia 950 but the exact same duplicates keep coming back.

check in the peopl app - how many email accounts are showing? See if there's more than one and deselect one of them

Additionally, check online using your outlook account to see if the duplicates also show up there -then try doing a duplicate contacts cleanup

Idola_The

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
None are email accounts, some of the contacts have up to 5 duplicates. Also I constantly wipe the contacts on the people site but they somehow keep coming back which makes no sense.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ah! How familiar am I with this problem? Go to Skype, settings, remove the option for it to use your address book to find skype contacts. Do it from all devices which run Skype, do it from http://web.skype.com

Now delete the duplicated contacts, won't appear again.

Idola_The

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any contacts saved on my Sim card. Only one saved contact got duplicated and as for the ATT pre saved numbers, I have no idea how those came back.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Maybe those are gmail accounts. Did you tried to disable contacts sincing on google account and others, except in outlook?

Sent from mTalk

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue with a few contacts after a hard reset. I had Skype disabled from the start during customized settings setup. In the past, deleting multiple same contacts links using Outlook.com on the web was the only way to keep them gone. I'm unsure why they are back.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just reset my Alcatel 4s using the WDRT. Went back to TMO official off of the Release Preview. (Was having too many issues on RP! - Really? RP?) Any way.... cloning contacts galore again and I thought I had it all cleaned up. I actually exported my list into excel. cleaned it up. Deleted everyone online and imported the clean list.

All that and it started again. I did that import/export thing over the holidays. Found this thread. Already had the skype preview apps not checking the contacts... but was not aware of the online web.skype.com domain. I found in the web settings that contact sync was on. So shutting that off I hope it rectifies this problem.

Biotic Blue

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been having issues like this recently and a quick search here found this thread. My situation seems quite similar and it is just so frustrating now and just feels so messed up, I am getting issues over adding people into my list that were previously there, but have recently come onto Skype or my Facebook friends etc, and it has created nothing but issues trying to get it right. It has created new contacts, altered the name of a current contact but added new details in, not added or merged or linked, not picked up as a new Facebook contact and just generally been difficult to follow who is who when actually looking at it.

For example I have one contact that has 8 links as follows:
*Name* *Surname* – Outlook
*Name* mobile – Outlook
*Name* mobile – Outlook
*Name* mobile – Outlook
*Name* mobile – gmail
*Name* *Surname* – Facebook (beta) (app local) (Facebook (Beta))
+44********** - Skype
*Name* *Surname* – Skype

I have noted it more since putting my default messaging to Skype, but I can’t say for sure it is down to that, as I started to see the issues when I had a new number SMS me and I couldn’t save the number as a new contact from Skype, just no option, but from the actual messaging app it was simple, I am using a L640 on standard OS updates by the way.
Does anyone have any ideas on best means of sorting this type of thing, is it best to delete and start afresh?

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
This problem has made using Cortana very difficult when texting with a blue tooth headset. I've stopped linking my contacts from different accounts and started adding additional details from other accounts to my outlook contacts. Thereafter I've deleted the duplicate contact. In addition, I don't display the Skype contact in my address book (950XL). I've also stopped displaying my work contacts to avoid duplicates and when I want to add a work contact I search my work directory and save the contact to my outlook account. This means that I don't get updates on contact changes but.....

Also I don't link any personal contacts with their work contact information as occasionally my phone gets ditched by my work server because it "doesn't meet security requirements." When this happens you will have the links that you've made with the work contact erased and end up with duplicates.

If this doesn't work I'll intentionally add duplicates to my contact list but with a name that I can use specifically for texting ("Text Real Sam.") and I won't make any links to those contacts.

Ali Raza Shafi

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
fcc754292f0c64c7d42cadef2d289738.png
my facebook contacts are duplicated in people app.
i-e i have linked a live contact to that facebook contact but it shows 2 facebook contacts for that same person.
and its happening for all of my facebook contacts..
anybody know how to fix this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb