I have a HP laptop I bought awhile back (can't find the model) and since, I've reinstalled several drives of docs/music/vids etc and they are EVERYWHERE! I can't find a thing without doing a search for even one song, then there are the duplicates... many duplicates. I DID just find some software that will help with that, so that will help. So...

My question is, I'm wondering if there is a magic genie that will install and sort like/like into one place etc so I can find things. I also have 2 sets of every folder, 2 documents, 2 music... you get the idea. Then when Verizon sucked up allll my phone info, it got put on my laptop and I just don't know what to do!!! I have a court case coming up in March and need to get this organized. Am I dreaming, or is it just not possible?

I also thought of partitioning my HD but it's already C/D and the recovery (D) is about 98% full, have no clue what to do with that, I've never had this issue before. I'm used to being able to do what I want with my HD, but apparently not these days!!

I appreciate your help, thank you!
    01-02-2017 02:11 AM
    Hi! I use a program called Search Everything! It's one of the best search programs I have found. If you're running W10, you can see whats on your C drive by Clicking on All Settings- System-Storage- This PC (C:) I'll be logging on and off all day. Let me know if I can help you further! This program can really help you. It has filters and other features for finding what's on your PC. I have used it for years.
    https://www.voidtools.com/
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-02-2017 11:27 AM
    Hi, the searching part is maybe the least of my worries... I don't understand why my D: drive is almost full It has 23GB total and only 2.5GB left. Is this normal? Also my C: drive is 440GB and only 227GB left.
    02-20-2017 07:38 AM
    In think, in this case, you might need to find someone that can assist you with your issue. A forum might not be the best place especially as you've stated that you have files everywhere and, heaven forbid, something's erased by mistake.
    02-20-2017 10:56 AM