Messaging and Phone Apps on PC

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
What's the point of the Messaging and Phone apps on Windows 10 for PCs?

ideally designed for messaging and calling.
it works for tabs and phones. since not integrated with skype anymore, it doesn't have much of a use actually. maybe they have plans for it in the future. :)

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I am currently looking into this subject, found threads from 2015, but nothing really new. This is the latest video I have found so far: How to use Messaging Everywhere in Windows 10 | Windows Central but it's about messaging everywhere beta :(

Do you guys know anything more? I'd love to be able to send text messages from by desktop :)

Thanks!
Anna
Like I said above, they have kept the app in the pc for future. Sorry, you cannot do anything with the app at the moment, but you can see it is out for fast ring, so, this means that in the next big update that windows phones will have this feature along with many others, are likely to be included. all we non insiders can do is wait and watch. :)

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the same thing but I was able to receive my text messages on my Win 10 laptop up until about 2 or 3 months ago. It was a really cool feature as it would pop up in my Action Center and found it handy that I could read and respond to messages from my laptop w/o having to use my phone while working. All of a sudden it stopped showing my text messages. Is there anyway I can get it back? It must of stopped after one of the OS updates sometime in October.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the same thing but I was able to receive my text messages on my Win 10 laptop up until about 2 or 3 months ago. It was a really cool feature as it would pop up in my Action Center and found it handy that I could read and respond to messages from my laptop w/o having to use my phone while working. All of a sudden it stopped showing my text messages. Is there anyway I can get it back? It must of stopped after one of the OS updates sometime in October.

it probably was at time when skype and messaging were synched. now all we can do is hope that the feature comes back in the future updates. it is already there for the fast ring, so it will come to us too I believe. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05