WP8 apps don't work anymore on W10M, update stuck

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Since like 2 weeks ago all WP8 apps stopped working on my lumia 1520, this includes WhatsApp which is a really big deal to me. I'm currently on build 14955, when I try to update to build 14965 I get this error message:

"There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80070057)"

Things I've already tried: Soft reset, create new insider account, change ring. None of this worked.

I'm posting this in the hopes that this is a known issue with a workaround... I don't want to hard-reset and lose my actual hundreds of hours in Terraria. So yeah it was dumb to get on the fast ring in the first place, should've gone release preview when I had the chance. But I'm not giving up just yet.

Last edited:

ben brunet

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi, the same for me, many apps don't work anymore on my lumia 950xl (whatsapp, spotify...) build 14965 it does he same!
someone have an idea?
I try to reset my phone but it didnt work

Ben

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Interesting that you have the same issue on a different build... Can you still update? Or you don't have any updates available?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte