Suddently, all my device syncing fell apart.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
One thing that's been really nice up until just this week has been syncing.

Fire up a new tablet, sign in... my favorites, my background, web credentials, profile picture and everything just synced. Made sure that my Surface Book, Lumia 950XL, GPD WIN, Gaming Rig and NuVision Tablet were all on the same page.

I recently got my Surface Book warranty replaced, and when I got my new Surface Book EVERYTHING WENT TO HELL.

Now nothing wants to sync to anything (and I can't get gmail contacts to show up in people on anything but my 950XL). Does the W10 syncing system rely on one main device in which information was grabbed from? Did swapping out Surface Books throw off everything?

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
One thing that's been really nice up until just this week has been syncing.

Fire up a new tablet, sign in... my favorites, my background, web credentials, profile picture and everything just synced. Made sure that my Surface Book, Lumia 950XL, GPD WIN, Gaming Rig and NuVision Tablet were all on the same page.

I recently got my Surface Book warranty replaced, and when I got my new Surface Book EVERYTHING WENT TO HELL.

Now nothing wants to sync to anything (and I can't get gmail contacts to show up in people on anything but my 950XL). Does the W10 syncing system rely on one main device in which information was grabbed from? Did swapping out Surface Books throw off everything?

clearly, the change in your surface book did it.

may I know which device of yours was the first? I mean it may have to do something with it.

but to be honest, when something like you had happened to me, I had just signed in and let it sync. it never gave me any issues ever.

maybe the seniors here will be able to help you better.
sorry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros