How to fix Galaxy S7 group texts only showing one letter?

tdavi82

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am using a Lumia 950 with the latest public build. Two friends have a Galaxy S7 and when they send me a text in a group, I only receive the first letter. I troubleshot the issue and when I turn off Enhanced LTE on the Galaxy S7, I receive the entire group text. I turn Enhanced LTE back on, and only received one letter message. I turned it off again, and got the entire message.

I tried turning Enhanced LTE on and off on the Windows Phone but nothing changed. Only when I turned it off on the Galaxy S7. Turning off other user's Enhanced LTE is not a solution. They like seeing/using the advanced messaging features offered on the Galaxy.

Has anyone seen this issue and found a real solution?

This issue is not present in sending messages to iphones or other android phones. We only saw the issue when sending to my Lumia 950.

John Wolf1

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I am using a Lumia 950 with the latest public build. Two friends have a Galaxy S7 and when they send me a text in a group, I only receive the first letter. I troubleshot the issue and when I turn off Enhanced LTE on the Galaxy S7, I receive the entire group text. I turn Enhanced LTE back on, and only received one letter message. I turned it off again, and got the entire message.

I tried turning Enhanced LTE on and off on the Windows Phone but nothing changed. Only when I turned it off on the Galaxy S7. Turning off other user's Enhanced LTE is not a solution. They like seeing/using the advanced messaging features offered on the Galaxy.

Has anyone seen this issue and found a real solution?

This issue is not present in sending messages to iphones or other android phones. We only saw the issue when sending to my Lumia 950.
I have seen many texting issues between different phones. Only way I could resolve it was to use WhatsApp and or Facebook messenger, Skype and so on. Third party messenger apps work seamlessly

tdavi82

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Update: I found a workaround but it requires the Galaxy user to do something. After they finish typing their message, have the galaxy user tap the Return key, then send the message. The empty line of text somehow allows the w10m user to see the entire text. This fixed the one letter group messages from Galaxy users.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo