Windows 10 version 1607, USB mouse problem

rnoynet

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I have had already working Windows 10 in my laptop, but after upgrading to latest version the USB mouse stopped working. The touchpad works. USB is alive because pendrives and USB external disks work fine, the mouse (tried three different) does not (in none of the ports)
I reinstalled the mouclass.sys and mouhid.sys drivers. Are these correct? There are drivers for PS2 mouse too, but I think they are for touchpad in my case. Anyway, no success.
Rebooted many times.
How ever The Mouse Device status claims: "This device is working properly", which is false!

My desktop has the same version of Windows 10 and no problems at all.

Any solution to this? Thanks in advance!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Do you get any indication that your PC recognizes the mouse, when you plug in a USB mouse? You might check your mouse setting to see if it has been disabled.
That's the first place I would check. Are you trying a wired or a wireless mouse?

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 6

rnoynet

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Do you get any indication that your PC recognizes the mouse, when you plug in a USB mouse? You might check your mouse setting to see if it has been disabled.
That's the first place I would check. Are you trying a wired or a wireless mouse?

Hi!
-No, no indication at all.
-I have tried wired and wireless ones
-Now I´m looking for that "mouse properties" place in win 10

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi not sure what you're looking for. Right click the Windows start icon. Click control panel. Click mouse. That will get you to the mouse settings!
Let me know if you need more help.I'm a picture person. Not good with words, but I know how to use my Windows snipping tool!:smile:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 6

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @rnoynet! Wondering if you hear any sounds when you plug devices in your USB ports? You should also see a receiver for your wireless mouse in devices and printers; if you try a wireless mouse. Make sure your mouse battery is good!:wink:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Different because your mouse is not recognized! Please attach screen shot of devise manager! Have you ever got a mouse to work.

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 2

rnoynet

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
The screen shot of devise manager looks exactly as in the image you sent.

Yes, the mouse (any of them I have handy) worked fine before the upgrade to version 1607

This is how I started the topic: "I have had already working Windows 10 in my laptop, but after upgrading to latest version the USB mouse stopped working. The touchpad works. USB is alive because pendrives and USB external disks work fine, the mouse (tried three different) does not (in none of the ports)"

Well, I have to add that the upgrade did not function properly in the first place, I made restore, then upgrade to 1607 without problems............................ except then this mouse problem

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Not sure what you mean by restore. The best way to install 1607 is with the media creation tool. If the only problem you are having is with the mouse, I would drive over to Walmart and spend 20$ on a Logiteck wireless mouse. First you could right click on the Compliant mouse in devise manager and uninstall it. Then restart your PC and windows will find a driver for it. I'm thinking the mice you have are not compatible, but the Logiteck should work just fine. If still not working, you could do a in-place repair, but I'm pretty sure the Logiteck mouse will solve the issue. If you have any questions, I'll be around all day!:wink: Let me know how things go for you!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Holdum333,
Well, I´ll buy a new one as soon as my responsibilities will stop forcing me to do other things
You're welcome. Let me know how things go for you. W10 shouldn't have a problem finding a driver for a Logitek mouse! I'm thinking 20-25$

rnoynet

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Well, now it's ok. All the mouses work properly. What was the problem, I do not know really! What I did, is that I installed a Windows 10 64bit version. Earlier it had a 32bit version. If I remember correctly, I myself had made that error installing the 32 bit version on this machine. Now I almost feel like cheating the helpers. Sorry about that!

cheers and Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon