(KB3213986) - Error 0x800f081f

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to update my Surface pro 3 since November. Every time it tries to update I get this error. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3213986) - Error 0x800f081f

I cant seem to figure out how to fix this issue. I have tried the SFC and DIMS commands but the SFC one says the process could not be started. I downloaded the media tool and tried to update my windows 20 but after doing everything it said it failed the to update. I made an ISO file burned to my SP3 HD but I don't know what to do with it? I have checked many forms and think I need to use the ISO file and point the DISM to it to use for refreshing my windows 10 system files but I don't know how to do that.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thank you

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks for the fast reply. When I download the latest update and try to install it that way it goes through the whole process then says something went wrong and nothing was changed.

Sorry, I was trying to say in my first post that I also tried the in place repair and again it goes through the whole process and then says it could not complete the install and closes.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @dfaris. Here's a thread that I have been involved with for a very long time. See if you have tried all the suggestions I made here on this thread!
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/448394-windows-10-version-1607-update-stuck.html
You also might consider a clean install if all else fails!
I'm also thinking you need to do a sfc /scannow +Dism and make sure all your drivers are updated!
How to Repair Corrupted Windows System Files with the SFC and DISM Commands
http://www.windowscentral.com/windows10-anniversary-update-common-problems-how-fix

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Thanks for your support @RumoreNow. You are appreciated my friend, but it would be really nice if other Mods joined me on these kind of threads. It seems like once I reply to a OP on these kinds of threads, I own the thread. I like team work, and though I feel like I know a little about Windows update problems, I'm not a expert on these things, and I would really appreciate some team work from other members. Team work is a good thing!
Thanks for all your likes and your support my friend. Just doing a little gripping. I'll feel better tomorrow.:smile:

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi @dfaris. Here's a thread that I have been involved with for a very long time. See if you have tried all the suggestions I made here on this thread!
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/448394-windows-10-version-1607-update-stuck.html
You also might consider a clean install if all else fails!
I'm also thinking you need to do a sfc /scannow +Dism and make sure all your drivers are updated!
How to Repair Corrupted Windows System Files with the SFC and DISM Commands
Windows 10 Anniversary Update common problems and how to fix them | Windows Central

Well I have tried the SFC /scannnow but it always says "windows resource protection could not start the repair service."
The DISM seems to run ok but but I'm not sure if it does anything.

I have made a ISO file and have it on a thumb drive I'm just not sure what I should do with it. I have read something about pointing the DISM repair
to the ISO file but don't know how to do that either.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I'm not familiar with pointing the DISM to the ISO file. I have never used the media creation tool that way. Shawn Brick has a tutorial about using it through the Advanced Startup mode. I usually boot with the tool and let it install windows. Give this tutorial a look and see what you think. I would back up all your data before trying this procedure. Good luck. Let me know how things go, so I can recommend this procedure to other members!:wink:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/21756-usb-drive-boot-windows-10-a.html

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Just an update for you. Nothing I have tried seems to help. I have tried command prompts to figure out what's wrong. Downloaded the media tool
an tried updating that way. Downloaded a ISO file. Tried a install in place. Even tried uninstalling that last two updates and nothing works.

This is a basic surface pro 3 no special programs or configurations. It has not updated since October.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos