Admin activation and then black screen ?

tbriglia

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
I wanted to fix my screen saver in w10. Instructions said I have to delete img105. Before I can do that I must own it. I tried but, it kept denying me saying I needed to activate my hidden admin account. I did that per the instructions and Wham! screen is black ! I tried a hard boot and all it does is sit there with a black screen and a surging fan! I tried to see if it would boot from a cd of windows 7 pro and no luck. Doesn't read the cd. Did I fry my hard drive or something? Mayday !

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi If you had W10 installed and had a digital license, you should be able to down load the media creation tool and perform a clean install. Here's link from HTG to make a clean install of W10.
How to do a Clean Install of Windows 10, the Easy Way
PS Messing with hidden admin account, can cause you a lot of grief! :smile: Don't think you fried any thing. Probably corrupted the OS. Clean install should fix your issue!

tbriglia

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Thanks ! I have learned my lesson ! My W10 was an upgrade I don't think it had a digital lic. I'm hoping I can down load it on a stick or cd and that the affected computer will read the drive to activate it. Ill give it a try. Thank You ! I appreciate your input.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
You might be able to get to the Advanced Startup mode with this trick!
If your PC isn’t loading Windows 10 and you don’t have the operating system installation files, you can use the following trick.

Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6