kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
A few days ago I've checked the storage on my C: disk as*it*was quite full and I wanted to know what is taking up so much space.

I was shocked when I saw that system files are taking up 47 Gigabytes of my disk, while apps and game are taking up about 30 gigabytes. I have very little software installed on my C: disk and there is no app or program that is listed there that is larger than 2 gigabytes (Ihave about 3 programs that take 1-2 GB of storage) and I am not entirely sure where are the other 25 gigabytes hiding.

So I have two questions now: is it normal that system files are taking so much disk space and how could I check where the other 20 gigabytes of apps are hiding? (I am on insider fast if that means something)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My Windows folder is just shy of 20 GB. (8.1)

I would run Disk Cleanup first, it's possible there's a lot of files and other stuff left over from previous OS builds.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi ! Click on all settings-system-storage- this PC( C:) You will see whats taking up space on your PC!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture26.JPG
    Capture26.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 5

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Thanks I do know that but the math is not working for me. As I already said, it says there is a lot more*stuff installed than it actually is.

I ran Disk clean-up and it only finds 9 MB of files that can be deleted...

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks a lot! Helped me as I just found out that the*Windows 8.1 files are still*just there in Windows.old folder taking about 20 GB of space...
Glad to hear ! Thanks for the update and glad you were able to free up 20GB of space! I keep a close look on my free space. It can tell you a lot about what's going on inside your PC.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, my system reserved space takes up 40GB. Honestly, I just shove all my videos on an SD card and have two backups on both of my phones. Really only watch videos these days.

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
By the way, you guys like the bright settings of Windows? Personally, I prefer the dark settings and all black look of windows.

Me too. Tomorrow will make 1 year since I bought this phone. I used the light theme only one month for my winter wallpapers etc. It's still cool to have it.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12