Windows 10 on your TV

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
HI,
I have a compute stick connected to my tv but i find very little content talking about this scennario.
What is the best way to send a youtube video to this TV PC from my laptop?

No screen mirroring ideas please.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi @Jakoh! I hope I don't sound like a SA, but it you Google " Windows 10 on your TV", and add Windows Central to the end of your search, you will come up with a ton of suggestions from WC. No screen mirroring ! I was amazed when I did this search! I hope this helps you. I'm very interested in this subject myself and hope we get more comments from WC members!:smile:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 6

Doug Noyce

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
What is a 'compute stick'? I am not really sure what it is you are trying to accomplish, but here are a few choices.
If you have a 'Smart TV' or a streaming device of any kind, just search for the YouTube Channel where you can view all YouTube content.
Your title indicates you want to see Windows 10 on your TV, but unless you have the ability to install the OS on your TV, and if you do not want to do screen mirroring, you will have to use a network server app on your PC/laptop, and a streaming device on your TV to connect to it, and you can access any folders or drives that you have enabled for Network sharing. If you have a Smart TV, it should just be listed as a Network device and be able to view whatever is on your local network. But again, not sure what it is you are trying to do, or what you have. :sweaty:

I have a dumb HDTV, with a Roku4 HDMI streaming device, from which I can view the YouTube Channel, or access my computer files through a network server app. I cannot view the Windows 10 OS (screen mirroring), only access the files/folders that are network share enabled on the computer.

Hope some of this helps, but not knowing for sure what you are trying to do, it may be way off the mark! :shocked:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos