The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    HI,
    I have a compute stick connected to my tv but i find very little content talking about this scennario.
    What is the best way to send a youtube video to this TV PC from my laptop?

No screen mirroring ideas please.
    01-14-2017 12:17 AM
    Hi @Jakoh! I hope I don't sound like a SA, but it you Google " Windows 10 on your TV", and add Windows Central to the end of your search, you will come up with a ton of suggestions from WC. No screen mirroring ! I was amazed when I did this search! I hope this helps you. I'm very interested in this subject myself and hope we get more comments from WC members!
    Attached Thumbnails capture25.jpg  
    01-14-2017 12:52 AM
    I'm trying to understand your issue. Why not just load the YouTube video using the stick?
    holdum333 likes this.
    01-14-2017 10:42 AM
    What is a 'compute stick'? I am not really sure what it is you are trying to accomplish, but here are a few choices.
    If you have a 'Smart TV' or a streaming device of any kind, just search for the YouTube Channel where you can view all YouTube content.
    Your title indicates you want to see Windows 10 on your TV, but unless you have the ability to install the OS on your TV, and if you do not want to do screen mirroring, you will have to use a network server app on your PC/laptop, and a streaming device on your TV to connect to it, and you can access any folders or drives that you have enabled for Network sharing. If you have a Smart TV, it should just be listed as a Network device and be able to view whatever is on your local network. But again, not sure what it is you are trying to do, or what you have.

I have a dumb HDTV, with a Roku4 HDMI streaming device, from which I can view the YouTube Channel, or access my computer files through a network server app. I cannot view the Windows 10 OS (screen mirroring), only access the files/folders that are network share enabled on the computer.

Hope some of this helps, but not knowing for sure what you are trying to do, it may be way off the mark!
    Last edited by Doug Noyce; 01-14-2017 at 11:19 AM. Reason: add info
    holdum333 likes this.
    01-14-2017 10:57 AM
    Hi @ Doug Noyce! Here's a section on 'compute stick' Windows Compute Sticks - Windows Central Forums
    I'm not familiar with them either!
    01-14-2017 01:20 PM
    The best way is to download the Tubecast app on all your devices. Works great.
    01-17-2017 06:09 AM
    Well HDMI cable is one. All screen mirroring is out to multiple devices. You can set up projection on the laptop to display to either screen or just the TV.
    How to Connect to a Second Monitor or Projector in Windows 10 - dummies
    01-17-2017 08:15 AM