Power on when charging

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have looked all over the place for an answer to this question but no answer to date:

When I plug in a W10M device (Lumia 950 for example) the phone powers on automatically.

I would like to replicate this with a Windows 10 Tablet.

Can anyone inform me as to why the W10M powers on (automatically) when charging? Is it possible to do the same to a Windows 10 tablet?

The rationale behind my question is that I am installing a Gotab 7 into my car to replace my head unit and I would like it to power on when the ignition is turned on (power will be drawn from the ACC setting on the ignition)

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Possible, but it depends on your tablet. Think about it this way, before the tablet has booted up, Windows can do nothing as it is not running. Your required feature must, therefore, be handled by your device's firmware. So, update to the latest firmware provided by the device's manufacturer, then go into the firmware settings (instructions in the manual or on the manufacturer's web site) and if it has an option to control what happens when power is applied then use that. Otherwise, you can't do this.

ejbrod1

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Possible, but it depends on your tablet. Think about it this way, before the tablet has booted up, Windows can do nothing as it is not running. Your required feature must, therefore, be handled by your device's firmware. So, update to the latest firmware provided by the device's manufacturer, then go into the firmware settings (instructions in the manual or on the manufacturer's web site) and if it has an option to control what happens when power is applied then use that. Otherwise, you can't do this.

So this is a firmware setting - makes sense. The fact that you can't charge a windows phone without it powering on made me think the same must be possible with a windows tablet, but this may not be the case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb