Here's a strange thing I found when comparing 3 Windows 10 Mobile Lumia phones

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey all

Today I wanted to change the accent color on my cousin's Lumia 950. I wanted to put the same color as another Lumia 950XL is using. Guess what, it wasn't there. Then I did a comparison to my Lumia 930, but couldn't find that same color, but instead I found 2 others... See the screenshots and be amazed :)

Phones from left to right: 950 | 950XL | 930
colors.jpg

See how 950XL has another purple blue color, and 930 has 2 extra green colors. Check your phone and let me know what else is there hehe :)
PS: Forgot to mention all phones run the same production build, in the same country... Just wow :D

nick popplewell

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Hey all

Today I wanted to change the accent color on my cousin's Lumia 950. I wanted to put the same color as another Lumia 950XL is using. Guess what, it wasn't there. Then I did a comparison to my Lumia 930, but couldn't find that same color, but instead I found 2 others... See the screenshots and be amazed :)

Phones from left to right: 950 | 950XL | 930
View attachment 133316

See how 950XL has another purple blue color, and 930 has 2 extra green colors. Check your phone and let me know what else is there hehe :)
PS: Forgot to mention all phones run the same production build, in the same country... Just wow :D

Hello,I have a 950,I used to have a faded denim blue color option on mine,it was the last available color option on the grid,I have no idea what happened to it,who knows,later

Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Even in WP8 some phones would have one or two extra accent colors.

Notable examples that I remember are:

The T-Mobile Lumia 521 having a T-Mobile Pink accent color option.
The (ATT?) Lumia 830 having a bright green accent color to correspond with the back cover.
etc.

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
That's not strange....that's just stupidly normal with MS
That is one of the major issues with WM10................somethings work in some phones and somethings don't
In the meantime, another update last week and once again all the major bugs still remain.....
Somebody at MS has got to be making fun of wm users.

Ridiculous.

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
A signature accent color for model or carrier is not nearly as ridiculous as every Android OEM enabling/disabling features with the myriad of skins.

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
That's not strange....that's just stupidly normal with MS
That is one of the major issues with WM10................somethings work in some phones and somethings don't
In the meantime, another update last week and once again all the major bugs still remain.....
Somebody at MS has got to be making fun of wm users.

Ridiculous.

No, it's more of a feature for some phones.

Sent from mTalk

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
you can set whatever color you want on pc using regedit and then sync your phone to it

an incredibly complicated way to achieve such a simple result

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
A signature accent color for model or carrier is not nearly as ridiculous as every Android OEM enabling/disabling features with the myriad of skins.
It's only ridiculous to someone who irrationally hates Google.

Android OEM's are allowed to make their products unique, and they take advantage of that. It's all part of why Android has been so successful(and windows phone has not)

Be different, not the same.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
What's more different than using a Windows phone? If you want to be the same, use Android. If you want to stand out, surely Windows Mobile is the undisputed king of cool?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
What's more different than using a Windows phone? If you want to be the same, use Android. If you want to stand out, surely Windows Mobile is the undisputed king of cool?

I agree with your Windows phone statement but disagree with the Android part. I would say that applies more for iPhones since they come in three sizes and five/six colors. There are so many Androids that it is possible to be in a room of phones with that OS but have different phones.

BrunoMG

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I really like that somebody would explain to me why do I have 5 different lumia phones (4 mine + 1 lumia phone from someone close to me) and some of these 5 phones have specific bugs and others, do not!
All of them on W10m, same build!

Can somebody from MS can explain me this ?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I really like that somebody would explain to me why do I have 5 different lumia phones (4 mine + 1 lumia phone from someone close to me) and some of these 5 phones have specific bugs and others, do not!
All of them on W10m, same build!

Can somebody from MS can explain me this ?

We don't really have official MS staff here frequently.

But I do have two ideas.

1. Windows 10 Mobile is still not up to the level of polish as its contemporaries and can be inconsistent between users and devices. (like how my 640's Cortana kept crashing despite it working fine on others)

2. Inherent variability between devices. Different settings, application loadouts, hardware, usage etc. can manifest itself in different problems. Like how some Windows PC's can have some issues that others don't.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have an extra green and an extra red (735 on Verizon)

Even in WP8 some phones would have one or two extra accent colors.

Notable examples that I remember are:

The T-Mobile Lumia 521 having a T-Mobile Pink accent color option.
The (ATT?) Lumia 830 having a bright green accent color to correspond with the back cover.
etc.

Wow! So it's not just phone related but might also be a carrier thing... Fascinating :D

Correct! The red that cmattau90 is talking about is actually Verizon red.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I thought the colour differences were due to extra colours for carriers, but didn't know they were unique per-device in the same country.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, with the 930 you got a unique colour to match the colour back you chose, so even the same model phone, unbranded and unlocked, came with different colours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa