Settings are managed by your organization

pakmul

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
When going into Phone Update, I see a yellow message on top:
"Some settings are managed by your organization".
Any suggestions what this means ?

Lumia 1520

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
When going into Phone Update, I see a yellow message on top:
"Some settings are managed by your organization".
Any suggestions what this means ?

Lumia 1520

You signed in with a company account or email, that's where you accept that they can (if they want to), control your phone, lock it, erase, track etc... It is very common for companies and especially organisation to do that. Mine did the same, but I don't see the yellow text in update screen. Maybe this is a new insider thing?

Cheers

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You signed in with a company account or email, that's where you accept that they can (if they want to), control your phone, lock it, erase, track etc... It is very common for companies and especially organisation to do that. Mine did the same, but I don't see the yellow text in update screen. Maybe this is a new insider thing?

Cheers

Yep, Insider glitch for that build. It's a silly one. For me, I signed into my phone with my MS account on that build, so it's a glitch.

pakmul

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by libra89
Originally Posted by Axeelant

Cheers

Yep, Insider glitch for that build. It's a silly one. For me, I signed into my phone with my MS account on that build, so it's a glitch.

Thanks. I always sign into my phone with my MS account, not a company account. I hope this glitch will be fixed in the new 15014. Installing it now.

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I am neither under insider program nor have a company account. Yet my phone shows this. Any idea why?

I saw this message once immediately after upgrading to the latest cumulative update. After I existed the settings app and went back in, the message had disappeared.

omerfbingol

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Check this; I was signed in with a school account and did see the yellow message after updating to the latest non-insider build. But my school account stuff was gone after that. I had to sign in again.
PS; I have never seen that message before even though I was signing in to my school account. (Not my main account, but as a secondary account to access my email and office/onedrive stuff)

SpinalRemains

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I WDRT my Lumia 950 and then updated to 14939.953 from that point and the device works now, but the yellow text is still there. It is 100% a defect and should be figured out by MS in next update me hopes.

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I think this is just a bug in the most recent updates. I've never seen it before on my 950XL, and it's been showing on my Elite x3 as well. Mine is only showing it occasionally.

SpinalRemains

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I think this is just a bug in the most recent updates. I've never seen it before on my 950XL, and it's been showing on my Elite x3 as well. Mine is only showing it occasionally.

It's always there if you press restart options under Updates on your 950Xl. Hitting the Restart Options and then back shows it is still there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs