Will there be any new phones that come with a PureView camera?

TechJunkie81

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I've heard how the Lumia 550, 650, 950 and 950 XL will be the last Lumia phones made by Microsoft. Will PureView be a victim? It would be a real shame if PureView cameras die out.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Good question.
Difficult to say if Pureview will survive or be enabled on 3rd party devices.

Certainly would be a shame to let the technology fade into history.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I can still say that the technology was ahead of its time and even though I'm using a DSLR, pureview still did wonders that were worth comparing with a DSLR

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
If they aren't going to make phones any.ore they should at least license it off to other oems exclusively for Windows 10 devices

Sent from Idol 4S

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
If they aren't going to make phones any.ore they should at least license it off to other oems exclusively for Windows 10 devices

Sent from Idol 4S

Pure view was an amazing leap in phone cameras, Microsoft should improve, develop and promote it rather than chucking it in the bin like it has done with most of the Lumia features. Licencing would make sense from that point of view, but that's not what Microsoft has done till now. Hope they change their attitude about this at least.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I heard the pureview guys were joining apple, so the next pureview phone would be the iphone 8 in some way

and then there was a rumor about hp doing a sort of lumia replacement with glance and all that, maybe it also includes a pureview camera, it would be fine even if it were the same sensor in the 950's

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos