Best ad blocker for Edge?

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey people, I was using Opera because Edge was not syncing favorites across my devices. But now that it has started syncing again with my Lumia, I am thinking of switching to Edge.

The moment I switched to Edge, I was surprised how good Opera was with the ad blocking feature. I guess Edge has 2 extensions, adblock plus and uBlock origins.

Which one is better and light weight? I use Visual Studio and a browser constantly, the more light weight the better.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for uBlock. However, on my tablet I use Ghostery because it doesn't interfere with the pages I visit. There are certain pages where uBlock+Edge will prevent the page from loading (though the same doesn't happen with uBlock+Vivaldi). I haven't tried uBlock on my tablet since December so maybe the problem has been fixed.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
uBlock is the 1 you want. Adblock was actually keeping youtube from loading properly for me not to mention there was a performance hit when using Adblock Plus on multiple devices. I now have ublock on everything.

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried uBlock Origin and it won't even let me access WindowsCentral.com. I am also an email subscriber of WindowsCentral, whenever I click a WindowsCentral article in my email, it will ask to download it instead of opening the page. When I turned off uBlock, the page loads correctly. So now, I'm back to using AdBlock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99