How in the heck do I sync my music?

Tjalsma

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
This is maddening!

The Windows Phone Companion app accomplishes zero. I have everything in my music file on my phone and it doesn't show up on my phone.

How do we sync our music with our phones?

Daniel Gilbert M

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Hit start.
Type in "Windows Media Player"
Open WMP
It will show your phone (on top left of WMP) once you've connected it via USB.
If your music files are in the My Music folder, then it will get listed in WMP. Otherwise add the the folder containing music to the library.
Just drag and drop files to the right windowpane of WMP.

Untitled.jpg

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the Windows Phone App for Desktop since Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. I prefer this app because once I check each artist whose music I want to sync, any time I add more music from one of those artists, all I have to do is connect the phone and open the Phone app on the desktop and the new music is automatically synced to the phone.

I last used this app in January, but now it crashes each time my phone is connected to the computer. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, the same thing happens.

The Phone Companion app just says, "To listen when you're offline, move the song files to your phone (just plug your phone into your PC to get started)." I guess they now want us to use file explorer to copy or drag the music files into the music folder. It's too bad they never migrated the syncing function from Zune into the Groove app if they want Groove to be the primary source of music. The Zune (both software and hardware) is the reason I started using Windows Phone in the first place.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
It's not nearly as simple as the Windows Phone App for Desktop I mentioned in my previous reply, but I found instructions for creating Auto Playlist in Windows Media Player that can sync music that meets specific criteria. For instance, I've set up one Auto Playlist to include all mp3's excluding specific artists I don't want to sync and excluding Christmas music. I created another Auto Playlist of only Christmas music that I can choose to sync at that time of the year.

The Best Way to Sync Windows Phone 8; Not What You'd Expect - Pocketnow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb