People Hub no longer live

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
All other tiles are live. Is there a setting that I am missing or doing something to cause it to no be live? Was happening in .693 then reinstalled, worked. Went to .726 worked for a few days then stopped. Suggestions?

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Tbh, there was A LOT of negative feedback regarding the People Hub's Live Tile. During WP8.x days, the Live Tiles were squarish, and the animation was very nice imo. When W10M came, MS changed the square tiles to circular ones, and the animation changed to rolling from previously sliding and flipping squares. I agree that it was uglier than the one in WP8.x, but it wasn't too bad for me. Others found it very offensive though. As if the change in animation killed someone in their family, or the change mocked their parents or something. I don't know why, but they're very angry apparently. IN CAPS AS WELL.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
...I agree that it was uglier than the one in WP8.x, but it wasn't too bad for me. Others found it very offensive though. As if the change in animation killed someone in their family, or the change mocked their parents or something. I don't know why, but they're very angry apparently. IN CAPS AS WELL.

Well, maybe some enthusiasts were a little emotional with their displeasure, but it was well justified. I don't think that it would have been that difficult for Microsoft to have implemented a universal preference setting to toggle between circular and square profile photos in Windows 10. The square photos and people tile were part of the beauty of Windows Phone 8's design. A significant number of us were drawn to the Windows Phone platform because of the refreshing metro design language.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, maybe some enthusiasts were a little emotional with their displeasure, but it was well justified. I don't think that it would have been that difficult for Microsoft to have implemented a universal preference setting to toggle between circular and square profile photos in Windows 10. The square photos and people tile were part of the beauty of Windows Phone 8's design. A significant number of us were drawn to the Windows Phone platform because of the refreshing metro design language.

I understand what you mean and agree with you. However, every WP fans should realize by now that whatever we think is easy for MS to implement will NEVER be implemented, or maybe it'll take, I don't know, 5-6 years and 3 OS reboots? jk

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
I think they did stop it... let's have a moment of silence, especially for the winking icon on Windows Hello on Windows Phones. Am I the only one that misses that feature?

mikosoft

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me several times already on W10M. It just stopped and not even a soft reset helped. After two or so days the tile started to animate again. It stopped for no observable reason and restarted in the same manner.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
weird, I just looked at mine because of this thread and it's animated for me, profile pics moving around

950xl, 14393.726

RealtorTechGuy

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I did a reset and it fixed live tiles and few other issues. So guess after multiple updates a reset is warranted to solve a few glitches. Not sure I agree I should but if it works great. I find restore from backup to be pretty good so not a ton if time to get the device up and running like I want.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't done a reset since going fast ring Anniversay last spring. Been on Release preview since official anniversary (14393.xxx)

I tend to wait issues out a day or two before reacting to try and fix it. Notification related ones tend to be fixed with a reboot or volume down, power button reboot. It's all my issues have really needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs