Best Windows Tablet - Battery Life

Miguel Arcilla

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I would like to get a Windows 10 tablet (keyboard optional) with battery life being the highest priority. I currently have a Lenovo ThinkPad 8 on Windows 10. It's a terrific device, but it can only run for about 2-3 hours before a very long charging period.

The iPad is my gold standard tablet, being able to last for weeks on standby. Is there anything in the Windows category that's comparable?

Chazzy J

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I just picked up the Asus T102HA 2-in-1. I'm very impressed with the battery life and the performance. It's the best 10" 2-in-1 I could find. Relatively new to market too. It seems a little slow on applying updates when it enters its restart cycle, but other than that -- it's been zippy with no hardware issues for me.

I did do a fresh install on it to get rid of all of the bloatware. You can find the Gray one and White one on Newegg (the white one is hard to find).

Chazzy J

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Oh yeah, I made it through the whole weekend w/o having to charge it. But when you do have to charge, be prepared for a loooooooong process of recharging. It snail crawls to 20%, a little quicker to 50%, and then a few hours to get from 50% to 100%. It's really an overnight process.

Dan TheMan86

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Could you give us a full review/opinion about the T102HA? I'm in the market for a tablet to do netflix, hulu, web browsing, music playback, office and that's pretty much it. Looking for something that starts up quickly too. How fast is the internal storage? Does it get hot or lag much? Thanks

Miguel Arcilla

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
The new Surface Book with the Performance Base gets close to 20 hours of battery life and blows everything else away.

As much as I'd love to get that, I'm looking for something a little easier on the pocket :) also a big thing for me is standby battery life. I love the iPad because I can leave it for days on end without having to shut it down, and grab it for a few minutes to get something done in a snap

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I got an HP Pavilion X2 convertible tablet and really enjoy it. Good battery life, charges rapidly with USB-C. HD display, nice solid keyboard. 802.11ac WiFi and expandable with either microSD or USB 3.0 ports. Got it directly from Microsoft on a 1-day sale for $179! Atom quad core, so not in the same league as the Surface Pro, but for web surfing and media consumption, it's great. Currently have it running 64-bit Windows 10 Insider preview on the Fast Ring. Runs nicely overall, although it will occasionally lag if I have too many windows open. But that's what you'd expect with 2gb RAM. Overall, I'd highly recommend

Miguel Arcilla

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I got an HP Pavilion X2 convertible tablet and really enjoy it. Good battery life, charges rapidly with USB-C. HD display, nice solid keyboard. 802.11ac WiFi and expandable with either microSD or USB 3.0 ports. Got it directly from Microsoft on a 1-day sale for $179! Atom quad core, so not in the same league as the Surface Pro, but for web surfing and media consumption, it's great. Currently have it running 64-bit Windows 10 Insider preview on the Fast Ring. Runs nicely overall, although it will occasionally lag if I have too many windows open. But that's what you'd expect with 2gb RAM. Overall, I'd highly recommend

Whoa! Do you have the store link for that? Is that a 2016/2017 model you bought?

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Gotta do a mild necro on this as it wasn't resolved. OP, please note that Windows has more customisable power management settings than an iPad and does not need to rely on battery to keep it going on standby. Simply set the power plan to drop in to hibernate after a set period of inactivity, a deeper level of sleep than ordinary standby. When you bring it out after this deep standby it won't take much longer than normal standby with SSD, and you'll be exactly where you were when it went into standby, but it will use no power during hibernation. This means you can leave it a really long time. I'd check the charge annually to make sure it hasn't simply lost too much charge through natural leakage, also if you're going that long term you should keep it charged around 75% rather than 100% for the best battery life.

If you want great battery life on standby, Windows can't be beat.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
There's no rear camera on there is it?

Sent from Idol 4s

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa