What are the best/coolest 3 apps on your W10M device that aren't so famous?

Alyeldiin

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes sure, you edit photos with Vinci, use the official buggy facebook apps, Twitter for Windows or some other 3rd party "cooler" twitter apps. But is there a cool app on your W10M that you think should be more popular?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I love this thread idea!

For me, there are a couple actually but I will stick with 3.

I was introduced to Monument Browser recently, and it is so good.
Vime is a new app for Vimeo that is paid but has a free trial and it is amazing, I love it! It's just like Vimeo on the other platforms.
I was also introduced to Awesome Tube, another YouTube app but I like it too. The UI is okay but I love that I can still listen and watch videos while searching for another video.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think PIP should be more popular. Along with Meme 8 Ball and UnClocked. Although I wrote those, so I am a little biased :sweaty:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for Monument Browser, although I would really like to know who's behind it, and whether I should trust him/them with my browsing activities. You know, "if it's free then you are the product" and all that.

Other apps I really like, not sure how popular they are:

Share-to-Speech (UWP, $7), an app that can read tons of things out loud to you using text-to-speech. Super hard working dev, and deceptively powerful app

Grover Pro (UWP, $3), a beautiful podcast app with tons of options and a great UI. And also a very responsive developer.

DataCounter (UWP, free), a great app for seeing where all those megabytes went this month. :) And another one of those nice guy developers. Very active, very responsive.

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Monument browser is Good but it ask for money even I want to save picture! Lol that's insane ! I think audictive player , Vinci , prime tube Good apss

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
There's this app called "The Right Words". It's an app that searches several poetic quote that best describes your picture, so in a sense, it's good for people who often uploads their photos in social media and in need of caption ideas.

Another would be 9Gags. For me, it's one of the best 9gag browser out there, if you're into that.

Also, the official Steam app (if you're a gamer) works well if you're a gamer that uses the service.

Btw, I agree that this thread is a good idea for people to get to know apps. I think the OP should update the app to list down the apps that people are mentioning here, if he's willing to spare his time and effort of course :)

Alyeldiin

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Monument browser is Good but it ask for money even I want to save picture! Lol that's insane ! I think audictive player , Vinci , prime tube Good apss

lol what? a browser that doesn't let you save pictures isn't a good browser, will try it out anyway.
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Movie Maker. I use it to pull still frames from movies. The camera added this, but the Movie maker app has finer control (easy frame-by-frame) and is quicker. I have a three year old son and getting him to smile and look at the camera at the same time is virtually un-captureable with normal snap shots. Of course it has a ton of other features for making movies, but I don't use those. :grin:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I think PIP should be more popular. Along with Meme 8 Ball and UnClocked. Although I wrote those, so I am a little biased :sweaty:
No Sweat!!! A+ on Meme 8 Ball and UnClocked... They're "comfort food" for me and I'm thinking a good few others. Should be anyways. :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15025.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I use the scientific calculator and it delivers. I think it should be among the popular apps.
10-4 !!!! No matter how simple the task - THAT's what I reach for and surprisingly, its more often than one would think - if you GOT IT!!!

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes sure, you edit photos with Vinci, use the official buggy facebook apps, Twitter for Windows or some other 3rd party "cooler" twitter apps. But is there a cool app on your W10M that you think should be more popular?
DUDE!!! This is the funnest idea for a Thread in awhile. I hope it helps some folks take a deep breath and smile when they stop to think about it. 5 STARS !!! :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I use lots of apps, so it is hard to decide which 3 I like the most. But for the less usual ones I would say:
  • CamScanner - Awesome document scanning app
  • Elan Skis - GPS skiing app
  • Simple Timesheet - Working hours tracker

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
CHECKBOOK METRO: Excellent checking/savings account ledger (plus credit cards). Syncs with pc/laptop version. Backs up to OneDrive, selectable.

BIORHYTHM PRO: You're into it or you're not. If you ARE, THIS is a good one.

HURRICANE TRACKER: I live in coastal Mid-Atlantic, US, 30 minutes from ocean and 30 minutes from Chesapeake Bay. I've NEVER had a good weather radar app that also displayed the oceans all-the-way, world-wide and as thoroughly as the land. You can watch the babies hatch over the Sahara and then watch them GO! If you're "coastal", get this!

EDIT>>>> Ahhhh the APP GAP strikes. Sorry.
All that's left is Hurricane Tracker.

Peace. Alan
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15031.0] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)