Ads problem :(

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Use Origin extension. It removes ads with speed of light.
Maybe I'm sharp.... maybe not.... but I'll take the Thread Title change as the reply. I use AdBlock and TOO many sites see it and complain. But thanks. I think I understand your constraints. :wink:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15025.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Why not use the MVP hosts file ?

Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File

You dont need to install a web blocker, this blocks your machine from even seeing them (it redirects them to 0.0.0.0). It works really well and no matter what browser you use , then are blocked. Talk about the speed of light, one would think they would be even faster if your machine does not even see them :)

Far better than any browser plugin...

It actually makes this site usable on lower end machines. As normally the ads are so bad, that it slows down any browser to a crall...

Download the file from above, install it, reload this site and you let me know how well it works (you can uninstall it)

Last edited:

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Why not use the MVP hosts file ?

Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File

You dont need to install a web blocker, this blocks your machine from even seeing them (it redirects them to 0.0.0.0). It works really well and no matter what browser you use , then are blocked. Talk about the speed of light, one would think they would be even faster if your machine does not even see them :)

Far better than any browser plugin...

It actually makes this site usable on lower end machines. As normally the ads are so bad, that it slows down any browser to a crall...

Download the file from above, install it, reload this site and you let me know how well it works (you can uninstall it)

The reason some folks will object to this is a browser extension is automatic and can be easily disable if you are using a hosts file to disable temporarily you would need to swap hosts files again and stop/restart a few services which can be a pain. You do have an advantage of it blocking the ads across all apps which would block those ads in free windows store apps as well.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The reason some folks will object to this is a browser extension is automatic and can be easily disable if you are using a hosts file to disable temporarily you would need to swap hosts files again and stop/restart a few services which can be a pain. You do have an advantage of it blocking the ads across all apps which would block those ads in free windows store apps as well.

To each their own, I come to this site and I dont see a single ad. It's quick and smooth. Although WC uses doubleclick links for everying, so I have to do some searches on bing to find them.

Yea, it can be a pain but, this site stinks and is really slow unless you use something to block the ads here. I understand they have to make money, I do get it but, when you over do it like they do here, users dont really have a choice.

My top of the line gaming machine at home will come to a crall by browsing this website with ads on.... for a web site ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre