Problem with svchost.exe (netsvcs), CPU usage in high status

skytechpc

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys,

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 six months ago and so far so good. However, today I got an annoying issue related to the svchost.exe process in my computer.

After powering up my Windows 10 computer, it starts to slow down, whether opening a program or just accessing settings. I noticed one svchost.exe is hogging computer resource, especially the CPU usage. The percentage of my CPU is at around 60 to 70% and no signs of going down.

What should I do to get out of this problem?

tonytranupg

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Can you locate the one that's used most of your CPU (in Task Manager), right-click on it and select Go to service(s)? After that, please tell us which services behind that svchost.exe process.

skytechpc

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Can you locate the one that's used most of your CPU (in Task Manager), right-click on it and select Go to service(s)? After that, please tell us which services behind that svchost.exe process.

I followed what you ask and there were many services. Please check my attachment file.

Attachments

• here-they-are.png
    here-they-are.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 28

tonytranupg

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
According to this list, the cause could be Windows Management Instrumentation, Windows Update, Schedule or some others. Can you just stop one by one until the CPU performance back to regular status? With this method, you can easily find out which is the service that caused this issue.

tonytranupg

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Well, there are a few reasons why Windows Update (or also know as wuauserv in your screenshot) causes this high CPU usage issue, such as:

- corrupted updates files when downloading.
- incompatible updates that you have recently installed.
- something goes wrong with Windows Update.

I found this article from Google, which is explained very clear about methods to diagnose and troubleshoot issues with Windows Update when it got issues.

Like, if you are having issue with corrupted files, delete those files and force Windows to re-download them.

In case of incompatible updates, you have to uninstall recent updates and restart your PC to check again. You can also use Windows Update Troubleshooter to find out why Windows Update got issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

skytechpc

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your methods. I have checked recent Windows updates and found that my PC are automatically installed a few updates. After removing them, the issue was gone.

Resolved!

alex17pat

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
This worked for me and I want to share that.
step 1 – open service manager
step 2 – Now, click on services & applications and then click on services under it in the left menu.Scroll down and find superfetch in the right side.
Step 3- double click and stop the service and also choose startup type as disabled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte