Will Microsoft Ever Bring Back Slide To Access Camera Roll?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
In the camera app back in the wp7 days if u took picture in the camera app all u had to do was slide the screen to access the last pic you took along with the rest of your camera roll why haven't they brought this back?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I miss it so much. It was much easier. Now it feels like it takes more steps for no good reason to do the same thing.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
thats how it is, feedback for logical features can get 30k upvotes over and over again and they will even release a statement, make official responses and even go and ask the public for the feedback again if they really want it, and here we are, still waiting for it

landscape start screen comes to mind, I dont have any hopes of slide-to-last-picture coming back, its just absurd that they cant implement such a simple thing in more than a year of updates

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
I don't think this will ever come back, mainly because MS is moving away from sliding screens to hamburger style menus in every app. This is the UI style they have decided to go with and slide to view camera roll is "counter intuitive" in that design language.

Vasil Dechkov

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I don't think this will ever come back, mainly because MS is moving away from sliding screens to hamburger style menus in every app. This is the UI style they have decided to go with and slide to view camera roll is "counter intuitive" in that design language.

Didn't they say they are going to bring back sliding screens "where necessary" in project Neon?

Sent from mTalk

Centrifuge Games

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, slide for camera roll was a lot easier, but I assumed that they'd got rid of it to make things work more like Android (as madcursor said, MS seem to be all about the hamburgers now). Still, could be worse - at least the "show camera roll" button is actually by your thumb now instead of at the top left corner of the screen, like it was when W10M first came out!

madcursor

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Didn't they say they are going to bring back sliding screens "where necessary" in project Neon?

Sent from mTalk

That may well be, but given the direction things have been going design wise, the vague statements and the very early stage project neon is in, I wouldn't get my hopes up for the return of sliding screens. I would love to be wrong though.. Hamburger menus are really counterintuitive, no matter how much Microsoft swears by them.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something here... I had 7/7.8as well, Lumia 900. While it was "useful", we now have to tap on a square that takes us to the same photo roll. I'd prefer they get the bugs worked out rather than worry about a trivial, no matter how useful, feature. I can hit the little square, it ok. That's just my opinion though.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something here... I had 7/7.8as well, Lumia 900. While it was "useful", we now have to tap on a square that takes us to the same photo roll. I'd prefer they get the bugs worked out rather than worry about a trivial, no matter how useful, feature. I can hit the little square, it ok. That's just my opinion though.
The slide to the camera roll was alot smoother and intuitive. Touching that square is no where near as fast or smooth as sliding to the camera roll

Sent from Idol 4s

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss