Hello,

I'm new to Windows 10. Longtime Windows 7 user. I tried to add a separate account on my laptop for my wife but it seems somehow I made her the administrator of my account.

I thought I was adding a new account via the "Add a family member" option. She signed in with her hotmail account and all of a sudden she's the administrator on what used to be my account. It even changed the lock-screen password I had on my laptop to the password she has on her email account. I cant seem to undo this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    02-20-2017 05:39 PM
    Control panel, user accounts
    02-21-2017 12:11 AM
    Hello,

I'm new to Windows 10. Longtime Windows 7 user. I tried to add a separate account on my laptop for my wife but it seems somehow I made her the administrator of my account.

I thought I was adding a new account via the "Add a family member" option. She signed in with her hotmail account and all of a sudden she's the administrator on what used to be my account. It even changed the lock-screen password I had on my laptop to the password she has on her email account. I cant seem to undo this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    If you want to create a standard account, the account without administrator privilege, then you can change it under Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change your account type.

For adding a new local account, check it out here:

https://win10tips.net/create-new-win...-user-account/

For revert what she did on your computer, unfortunately, there's no solution to undo what she did.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-22-2017 09:57 PM