Where to find Gadgets? w10m, *.14393.693

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys! There used to be an app Gadgets which we were able to start from app list, but now it's there no more.

Do you know how I could access it? I'm in production build, Lumia 730. It's not that I need it right now, but if I wanted to change apps that open automatically when I plug in my headphones I would need to access Gadgets.

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
My wife's 735 had the same issue, the only way I managed to open that app is going thru a direct store link in edge, when the link redirect to the store app it will show that the app is already installed and the button will say "open".

Then once inside the app you can pin to start a shortcut to the desired device.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, your solution seems to be the that will work, that's a good idea. Only the link you gave me leads me to Windows Central forums home page. :)

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, your solution seems to be the that will work, that's a good idea. Only the link you gave me leads me to Windows Central forums home page. :)

"https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/gadgets/9wzdncrfj3df?tduid=(bb0b2010b234da6b7c7e9d6cbf5eb963)(259740)(2542549)(UUwpUvbUpU3631998)()"
Sorry! That's the right one

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much. :) Now I've set it to open Gadgets each time when I plug in the headphones. :)

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys! There used to be an app Gadgets which we were able to start from app list, but now it's there no more.

Do you know how I could access it? I'm in production build, Lumia 730. It's not that I need it right now, but if I wanted to change apps that open automatically when I plug in my headphones I would need to access Gadgets.

I had this problem every time I did a hard reset last year - it installed but did not show up in the All Apps list.I kept the Store page open on the Gadgets app and went to Settings > Storage or All Apps list >Storage then uninstalled Gadgets from Storage then went to Store and reinstalled it .This way it showed up on All Apps list every time.
P.S - It might install in your sd card, then you would need to shift it to phone storage.If your default app storage is sd card then just change it to phone storage before reinstalling it .When you are done with the process you can change back to sd card for app storage.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Interesting. So there is a solution. I will try to do it some time later. :)

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
It may sound complicated but it does not take much time.
I got used to the process as I did it each time I hard reset .

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I did it fairly quickly right now, and it works. I uninstalled it from Storage (I completely forgot about that option), and then I used the link shared by JMX777 to install it again.

Thanks! :)

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
The fact remains that this should not happen and make us look for work arounds.
Since it happens every time for me and happened to you and JMX777 too shows that there is a persistent bug since 2016 (or 2015 end ,I am not sure) which has not been solved by MS.
I think I had given a feedback sometime last year through the Feedback app.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Can't agree more with you.

And in fact, I feel like this issue is present on all w10m phones right now. Before you had this issue after a hard reset, and now I have this issue on two phones, and in both of them I have done no hard reset except the one right after installing w10m (and that one was performed while on Threshold 2). Luckily there's a workaround.

I have reported this issue today, and I have upvoted all entries about this problem.

It's pity how this platform has only few bugs actually which appear on large number of devices, but they just don't address it. I mean this one, calendar tile not updating, camera not working in video calls in Skype Preview...

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Can't agree more with you.

And in fact, I feel like this issue is present on all w10m phones right now. Before you had this issue after a hard reset, and now I have this issue on two phones, and in both of them I have done no hard reset except the one right after installing w10m (and that one was performed while on Threshold 2). Luckily there's a workaround.

I have reported this issue today, and I have upvoted all entries about this problem.

It's pity how this platform has only few bugs actually which appear on large number of devices, but they just don't address it. I mean this one, calendar tile not updating, camera not working in video calls in Skype Preview...

I don't use Skype on my phones so I don't know about the camera not working on video calls. I will try it out.
I agree about the calendar tile issue. I went through a WDRT twice to fix it because after the first WDRT I made the mistake of doing a hard reset since the problem was new to me at that time.
Since then the calendar tile is working normally as I have not done any hard reset after that.( Sept 2016). I just hope I don't need to do a hard reset sometime soon.
I don't know if there is any official solution to the Gadgets app issue as I found the above-mentioned solution by experimenting.
I have given a lot of feedbacks but most of the issues have remained unresolved.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Well, this issue with Skype may not appear at first, but it appeared after some time of using. It first happened to my brother who uses it more frequently, and only some time later it started to happen to me too.

And about this with Gadgets, from my experience we can only conclude that even WDRT doesn't help with this.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

I just did a fresh install on my 950 XL from WDRT, I am on 14393.693 and the Gadgets app is there as always. Maybe its the model phone you have, not a native W10 device?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb