New Email changes...wtf

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I would assume it would show the senders contact picture in place of the initials... assuming the contact is in your address book. So I welcome the change.... makes it easier to find "personal" emails, vs. spam... Although most of my friends use SMS or social media over emails these days.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Damned if you do, damned if you don't :grin:.

It's a matter of personal taste and as you can see @Scott Pisclotta some do like the addition of coloured circled contact initials :).

If you dislike it this much just give them feedback asking for an option to disable it.

Should it gain enough traction, I'm sure it would be added down the line.

The alternative would be to add contact pictures.

Last edited:

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
does not show contact images inplace of the colored circle for those contacts that are local to the device.
least not on my ICON running with the latest PREVIEW build of W10M (10.0.14393.726).

would be nice if it did do this.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Count me as one that likes the added color. On another note, I wonder the number of people that do have contact photos in their people app. I thought it neat and a good idea when contact photos first came out but over the years I rarely (actually never) add a contact photo to new contacts.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The colored circles in mail are okay. But I still hate the change to circles for contact pictures because I have a lot of Scandinavian friends and the corners of their faces get cut off.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I can take it or leave it, but what bothers me is that they actually have people working on silly stuff like this and emojis, when there still exist many real problems with the OS that need to be fixed. It's as if no one is driving the train.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I can take it or leave it, but what bothers me is that they actually have people working on silly stuff like this and emojis, when there still exist many real problems with the OS that need to be fixed. It's as if no one is driving the train.

Aesthetics are just as important as OS processes. No need to chose between one or another.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's bad for people who recieve email mostly from sources which aren't contacts. So newsletters, password resets, and everything else will just have the initials which is stupid IMO. It does look nice if you communicate with people mostly by email (though I find it funny that that form of communication still exists today).

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
It's bad for people who recieve email mostly from sources which aren't contacts. So newsletters, password resets, and everything else will just have the initials which is stupid IMO. It does look nice if you communicate with people mostly by email (though I find it funny that that form of communication still exists today).

Lol, just how many password resets do you get?

Twitter: @PhotographyET

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I find it funny that that form of communication still exists today
I must've been away too long. When did we abandon email for telepathic communication? Please don't say social media, no serious business conducts itself via Twitter or Instagram.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I must've been away too long. When did we abandon email for telepathic communication? Please don't say social media, no serious business conducts itself via Twitter or Instagram.

Will it still be telepathic once we get chips implanted in our cranium?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven