App suggestions please.

beto molina

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I've had the Alcatel 4s just over a week now and for the most part, the experience with WIndows on this device has been pretty positive. I'm a new user of Windows mobile so it has all been informative and rather entertaining along the way. Usability, not so much. I can't help but compare it to my other phone, Nexus 6. In the favor of the Alcatel is of course the beautiful build quality of the phone, having a one year old SOC is also a plus compared to the 805 on the Nexus. The screen on the newer phone is also obviously much better, the Nexus screen just looks like an older generation of AMOLED. Same is true for the speakers, newer ones just seem a generation ahead of the old Nexus blasters, which are no slouch. However, I am having a hard time adjusting to reading and watching video on the smaller 5.5" screen. It wouldn't seem like .5" or so would make a difference but it does. I enjoy consumption more on the larger panel even the the display is not as vivid.

Anyway, pardon the long wind there, I do have a question about apps.
Is there something similar to Google hangouts for Windows mobile? I don't need chat rooms or anything like that but will accept them if they are bundled in. I just want to make outgoing phone calls over wi-fi.
I'm also in need of a great music player with a built in equalizer, preferably without streaming radio/music bundled in. I just want to play local or networked music files. Which reminds me of another app. I am using VLC for windows 10 which allows me to access wirelessly all the files on the desktop PC. VLC won't transfer files but I don't have to store oodles of files on the phone or sd card. just go to the network drive on VLC and play them right off the hard drive. Sound comes out of the phone speakers. If VLC had an equalizer, it would be perfect.
So, is there a file manager/explorer app that allows file transfers? It would seem that windows would have created that ability in the OEM file manager but they did not...bad on them.
I can do without the rest of them but if I can't get the simple functionality of Hangouts, the user experience of this phone goes way down.
Thank you all.

Last edited:

Ashish NG

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Assuming ur on w10m , addictive music is great no radio and stuff + nice UI . As far as I remember vlc had a built in equalizer.I am not using it anymore so don't know for sure.for wireless file transfer use share.it. as for hangouts you can use client for hangouts. I highly recommend downloading 9zen store for finding apps.

beto molina

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Assuming ur on w10m , addictive music is great no radio and stuff + nice UI . As far as I remember vlc had a built in equalizer.I am not using it anymore so don't know for sure.for wireless file transfer use share.it. as for hangouts you can use client for hangouts. I highly recommend downloading 9zen store for finding apps.

Thank you very much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro