What apps do you use for music?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wow, I have learned so many new to me music apps. Thanks everyone!

I have a lot to check out. Funny that people say that Windows doesn't have apps and yet, there's no way I would have been able to make a poll for all of these options.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Wow, I have learned so many new to me music apps. Thanks everyone!

I have a lot to check out. Funny that people say that Windows doesn't have apps and yet, there's no way I would have been able to make a poll for all of these options.

Same here. Downloaded Loco yesterday. Still learning it but it seems pretty nice!

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Back in the WP8.1 days I used Audiotica and I really had a blast with it.
I don't know if it has gone universal now.

Groove pretty much covers my needs.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed Neutron Music Player is now available for W10 Mobile. This is excellent news! Yes, the UI looks a bit dated but this app is an audiophile's dream.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Groove and Spotify. Mainly Groove. Did the trial and love it. May end up keeping Groove's subscription platform. However i only listen to music I've purchased mainly.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I used groove in general, and next music player in the car (because groove doesn't like sudden Bluetooth disconnects and it supports m3u playlists).

I don't stream, but very very occasionally I'll use Spotify or netflix to discover new music and shows, to acquire for myself. I'm sort of into low compression, lossless and so on - both my windows phone and my PC support HD audio, so streaming doesn't make much sense for me.

I'm still looking forward to getting another record player so I can rip my own HD audio.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
A good reason to get Groove is to actually support the artists and musicians who make the music we listen to. Better alternative than Spotify.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
^
Yes. And apparently Spotify makes up fictitious artist names so they can pay less royalties to the real artists. I don't subscribe to any streaming service. I still buy physical CDs or occasionally buy digital downloads in high-res only.

Oh, did I mention Neutron Player is available for WP now?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
^
Yes. And apparently Spotify makes up fictitious artist names so they can pay less royalties to the real artists. I don't subscribe to any streaming service. I still buy physical CDs or occasionally buy digital downloads in high-res only.

Now that looks like a dope player.

Dithering and real time re-sampling, parametric EQ, DSP, many many file and playlist formats, folder based playback, compressor, surround sound.

I ain't got any use whatsoever for 32 bit, 24 is plenty for me, but the rest mmmmmm...

Colour me curious I might have to buy that!

Is there anything like that on PC?

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Vacuum tube player.For the smooth sound output,most high freq,verry clear sound,with shanheiser hd407 on lumia 650 sounds great before sleep.

Ohhh sweet! That's THE BEST music player ever!!!!!!!! So simple and functional!!!!! 13 band eq!!!!!

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
^

Yeah, some very 'suspect' things going on with Spotify. I think it's got more to do with immorality than illegality and it's really just how things shake out in for-profit systems a lot of the times. Either way I'm happy with Groove.

Looks nice. I would find no use for the DSP "effects" and I find some of the "marketing language" a bit.... of a stretch.... but it looks nice for sure.

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't bother with the DSP Effects either. Neutron definitely has other good and essential features to make it worthwhile to have on WP.

It does need some improvements tho'...the UI is fugly. The Live Tile needs options for transparency and a cleaner looking logo, and the Media Source (folder locations) need to be more selectable so undesired media can be excluded. I still immediately bought the app just to support (fingers crossed) the dev and future updates for W10M.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon