cant reset pc

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to appropriate area...

Windows 10 How-To Guides is for write ups of prepackaged solutions... Not for leading questions on issues not yet resolved.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I cannot reset my Windows 10 PC every time I try to do this it restarts and then gives me and every message on blue screen that your pc could not be reset

Instead of trying the Reset option, do a Repair Install.
Repair Install allows you to keep your files, settings and apps.
No product key is required.
Activation is automatic.

Use this media Creation Tool to download your edition of Windows 10 iso file.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows10&token=JCw_MDeI

When the iso is downloaded to your computer, right click at it > click Mount > click Setup.exe ( or Setup ).
Installation will begin.

Naushaba Khatoon

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I want to re install my Windows onto my laptop so that all the installed softwares and files are deleted I want to do this because I am afraid my computer is infected with some sort of Malware and I want to get rid of it I always get this particular application getting Re installed by the name of winsnare and bqiqrss. I manually uninstall it and it again appears in the list of installed programs automatically. Moreover Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox has also got installed automatically I don't know how and was still I cannot see them in the list of installed programs has there is no way I can get rid of them that is why I want to do a total complete Re install from zero windows defender fails to identify any Malware frequently it shows up trojan horse but Chrome and Firefox is still there and still the Winsnare program gets installed of its own

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I want to re install my Windows onto my laptop so that all the installed softwares and files are deleted I want to do this because I am afraid my computer is infected with some sort of Malware and I want to get rid of it I always get this particular application getting Re installed by the name of winsnare and bqiqrss. I manually uninstall it and it again appears in the list of installed programs automatically. Moreover Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox has also got installed automatically I don't know how and was still I cannot see them in the list of installed programs has there is no way I can get rid of them that is why I want to do a total complete Re install from zero windows defender fails to identify any Malware frequently it shows up trojan horse but Chrome and Firefox is still there and still the Winsnare program gets installed of its own

We call that Clean Install, not Reset.
Clean Install keeps nothing. You start fresh.

Use the same Media Creation Tool I gave you.
After the iso file is downloaded > right click at the file > click Burn Disc Image > insert a DVD > click Burn.
That will get you a bootable DVD.
Use that to do a clean Install.
Here is a detail tutorial on how to do a Clean Install of Windows 10.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

Naushaba Khatoon

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
We call that Clean Install, not Reset.
Clean Install keeps nothing. You start fresh.

Use the same Media Creation Tool I gave you.
After the iso file is downloaded > right click at the file > click Burn Disc Image > insert a DVD > click Burn.
That will get you a bootable DVD.
Use that to do a clean Install.
Here is a detail tutorial on how to do a Clean Install of Windows 10.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

Thnx....my problem is solved..but i faced issues...with the mct, i comstatly kept getting msg that i need 8gb space. I clear out 8gb, run the tool again and then some error happens. And again i get the msg i need 8gb. I gave up. Then i tried another way althouhh not sure of it would work. I joined insider fast ring. It began to work. But again ran into storage issue but this time the computer itself provided me a solution it said attach an external pen drive during the upgrade process with 10 gb of empty storage space u can take it out after the process is over. I attached my 2tb seagate and it worked. This way i got the creator update. Now i went to defender settings and chose the Refresh Pc option there and it worked, solving all of my problems. No more iritating chinese girl ads, no more pop ups in Chinese all over mydesktop, no more winsnare, no more Google chrome and firefox that did not appear in the lost of installed programs before. It also solved my onedrive issue. Earlier i had tried unistalll and reinstall of onedrive but that didnt help. My onedrive would only download contents from cloud but wont upload any new file i put in there. It's all gone now with no sync issue. Thanks again everybody for your time help and effort.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Nice to know you have it sorted.
However, one thing remains a mystery................
The iso file from MCT is less than 4 GB.
There is no way the system should be asking for an 8GB disk space.
I have done countless numbers of iso downloads from MCT. I know.

Naushaba Khatoon

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes. Thats because of this sequence of events-
1. I start mct with 8gb free space on my pc
2. Mct starts download. 8 gb reduces to 3.something gb
3. Mct shows error
4. I restart mct.
5. It again asks for 8gb space, but now i have even less and cant do anything more to clear up more space.
I expected mct to resume from whatever has been downloaded already but that didn't seem to be the case. So i had to do some reasearch and some website talked abt deleting a particular folder in c drive which consists of downloaded installation files. I deleted it and got my storage back. This whole process was repeated twice, after that i gave up on using mct as i was fed up with the errors. Also my internet isnt that fast (around 300-500kbps) so it would take hours for mct to complete its one download.
So then i went fast insider method and it worked as i said in my last post.
Btw, if u knw nethng abt lenovo yoga book nd sp4* can u plz check out a question i hav posted in AskDan forum snd answer it??
Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb