XP image for Hyper-V on W10?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I remember W7 came with a free XP license for it's XP mode. Is the same true of W10, that it comes with a free XP license?

I have some old automotive tuning software I need to run for a one-off project (don't ask lol) so I wanted to get XP going in Hyper-V on W10. I can't seem to find a download link for an XP image anywhere on Microsoft's website though. I was hoping MS would have an activated Hyper-V XP Pro image published you could simply download once their website verifies your current OS activation is legit, but I don't see that.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to run into this....

Thanks!!! Alex

EDIT: Perhaps I could install W7 on Hyper-V then run XP mode inside that, but then I need a W7 license lol. Does MS still offer that with a 30-day trial? I don't need to connect hardware for my needs, just run some software to edit some data.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
To my knowledge, Microsoft no longer has a link to download XP anymore... sadly

There is however this link but I don't think I doubt it'll work for W10
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...oad%2Fdetails.aspx%3Fid%3D8002&token=dPnzk-Ry

You can most likely find an XP image somewhere throughout the "interwebs" but some sites aren't trusted to download from. :p

Windows 7 does have a download link but it does require a product key to verify before you can download.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Fsoftware-download%2Fwindows7&token=uClOaJvx

Edited:
I pretty sure I still have an old XP image on a DVD or on my OneDrive :p

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
XP mode was not available in anything after Windows 7. I'm not even sure that XP will activate now. They used to have the Technet program where you could DL OS's and Older windows but its gone away. No they allow your to evaluate MS products but you can't go back to XP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon