What to do!?

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
So... I currently have a Microsoft Lumia 950XL and a HP Elite X3.
I have fallen in love with Windows on Mobile and would like to stay, but there is my dilemma.
My company seems to be leaning to switch to a CDMA provider, which means no real chance of using Windows unless I go with an outdated device (which is not really an option either).
Looks like I may have to go back to the bad guys until something else comes along (which I am praying for).

I really don't want to go back to Apple or Android but I don't know what else I can do...

iPhone 7plus... LG G6... Galaxy S8?

Stuck between everything I don't want!

MICROSOFT, DO SOMETHING! PLEASE!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't really seem to care at this point so you're in a tough spot and unfortunately these "bad guys" care more about mobile users so they're what we got for not.

They're all acceptable but without additional usage info i would lean towards the iPhone as a catch-all solution for the question "what phone to get?"

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't really seem to care at this point so you're in a tough spot and unfortunately these "bad guys" care more about mobile users so they're what we got for not.

They're all acceptable but without additional usage info i would lean towards the iPhone as a catch-all solution for the question "what phone to get?"

I used just about every mobile OS out there, from the old days of Windows Mobile into the iPhones (1, 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6plus) a few android handsets in between and a couple blackberries. (I did have a Palm Treo in there somewhere...)

I fell into the Windows 10 ecosystem and didn't plan on leaving unless I was forced to by the death of the platform... Now it seems like something else is going to force me to leave... :/

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
The LG V20 seems to be discounted pretty heavily by all of the carriers right now and is a pretty large device. The CDMA carriers both stock it soon no issues there.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
So,
I got the final word today. We are for sure switching. So now I have to decide on a phone.
The iPhones have a great incentive program attached to them, so I may go that way to hold me over until Microsoft hopefully does something. Hopefully that isn't too long.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
So,
I got the final word today. We are for sure switching. So now I have to decide on a phone.
The iPhones have a great incentive program attached to them, so I may go that way to hold me over until Microsoft hopefully does something. Hopefully that isn't too long.

Or you could quit your job....... just kidding.
IPhone. Yeesh. Good luck!

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I used just about every mobile OS out there, from the old days of Windows Mobile into the iPhones (1, 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6plus) a few android handsets in between and a couple blackberries. (I did have a Palm Treo in there somewhere...)

I fell into the Windows 10 ecosystem and didn't plan on leaving unless I was forced to by the death of the platform... Now it seems like something else is going to force me to leave... :/
Out of curiosity, what features do you need the most for your job? If email is the prime factor, I suggest you go with an Android. God, I can't believe I just said that. Anyhoo, Mail on iOS is the sorriest excuse for an email client I've ever had to deal with. Attachment handling is ****-poor especially PDFs. Won't open mime-attachment files, doesn't recognize fillable PDFs natively and Word docs routinely lose their format resulting in a jumbled mess of characters. Oh, and let's not forget there's no file manager onboard where to store your attachments. If you don't mind downloading a series of apps to deal with these headaches, iPhones are very well made and their apps are the most polished, if not restrictive.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Throwing this out there: Do you HAVE to go to the CDMA provider? Is it a requirement of the job? My job gives iPhones out, granted on AT&T, but I opted for a reimbursement each pay period to use my personal line.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I have to stay with the company plan (plus it saves me a ton of money).
I switched over to my old iPhone 6plus over the weeked and it's not terrible.
I am using Microsoft services (outlook, onedrive, etc) and things are working ok. I will be getting a iPhone 7plus shortly when we do the switch.
I will probably keep using that until Microsoft gets their act together.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
So, after a month of Sprint's terrible service we are moving back to T-Mobile...
I tried to use my 950XL and Elite x3 but I came back to other problems with the devices and more apps missing. Also without Microsoft stating anything about mobile in awhile I am now hesitant.

I wish there would just be a plan in place so I can come back and be happy. I'm going to stick with an iPhone until I see real movement. I really do miss the tiles and fluidity of Windows Mobile though. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett