Is the Blackberry KEYone Tempting?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I've been looking at the new Blackberry lately. This is aimed at Enterprise but because of Android it also could have a strong consumer appeal (kinda what W10M) should be.

Is this tempting? Cause it is for me!

I also most feel like this phone will do for blackberry what the rumored Surface Phone should be W10M.

Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/ffnK3junTBY

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I am a BBRY shareholder and a long time user of their devices, with some Windows phones also sprinkled in there over the years.

I think that the K1 is an intriguing device, although the older Snapdragon SOC is a bit disappointing but should make it great on battery life.

I bought a DTEK60 on launch day and have few complaints. Build quality is good, it had held up well as my daily driver for 5 months although I am about to switch. I imagine that the K1 will be a step above in terms of quality as well.

Will be interesting to see how carrier support works out in the US.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Definitely an intriguing device. Going to be very interesting to see the response to a physical keyboard again. It has been awhile since a device had a dedicated keyboard like this.

I've used lots of BB devices and I'm really humming and hawing over this one.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am very intrigued and despite being a sucker for the form-factor I feel the Priv is still a better overall fit mainly because of the virtual keyboard being more available (ironically), Qi charging, OIS and sliders are always cool.

Although I do like the midrange chipset choice and decisions overall. The one thing I have an issue with besides the aforementioned minor hardware features is the price.

KeKyKo

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm absolutely intrigued . I really liked the Priv but did not like the keyboard , I much rather enjoyed the keyboard on the Passport and am hoping the KEYone keyboard will feel like the Passport keyboard . I am thinking of this phone and it is an option. The price is the issue for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs