Facebook app for Windows 10 desktop finally scales properly.

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone noticed this? The FB app for desktop can finally scale properly without the sides being cut if you scale it to look more "mobile friendly".
Now could this be a hint that we will finally use one app for Facebook both Desktop and mobile instead of 2 separate apps that we have right now?? Hmmmm..
And besides that, the desktop app now loads more faster than before.. takes like 4 seconds for the app to start instead of 1 minute last year.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I hope so. it's been like 5 months already since FB on mobile got updated. I think they updated and polished the PC app first and once they got the PC app right they will make it as a true Universal app so that we can now use one app for both PC and mobile.. I hope.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for posting hope u right getting just about ready to leave windows 10 Mobile because the lack of facebook updates

Sent from Idol 4s

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Sedp23
Thanks for posting hope u right getting just about ready to leave windows 10 Mobile because the lack of facebook updates

Sent from Idol 4s

Don't lose hope buddy hehe everything will be fine.. Facebook will update it for sure and maybe this time we will get the fully featured app as you've seen in my screenshots 😀

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi kabayan,

Agree the desktop version of Facebook constantly gets updates to a point where it is actually very usable now.
Though it did take time to get there (how many months? or a year?)

I hope the mobile version can get a real update soon.

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi kabayan,

Agree the desktop version of Facebook constantly gets updates to a point where it is actually very usable now.
Though it did take time to get there (how many months? or a year?)

I hope the mobile version can get a real update soon.

I'll bet mobile's big update will arrive this summer I hope.. I have a feeling too that Facebook will become a true UWP app as the desktop app now scales properly when you turn it into a mobile friendly window. This means one app for both desktop and mobile just like instagram and other store apps. God! so excited na here kabayan hahaha :D

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Don't lose hope buddy hehe everything will be fine.. Facebook will update it for sure and maybe this time we will get the fully featured app as you've seen in my screenshots 😀
We need that update now i was hoping we got a update once the creators update officially rolled out. Don't understand why they dropped mobile development they coulda at least still gave the beta some updates

Sent from Idol 4s

DavidTheGiant

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Sedp23
We need that update now i was hoping we got a update once the creators update officially rolled out. Don't understand why they dropped mobile development they coulda at least still gave the beta some updates

Sent from Idol 4s

They didn't drop development for it. If they dropped it they would announce it. They even make messenger users upgrade to Windows 10 mobile by making the 8.1 app unusable so that users will use their Windows 10/mobile app so yeah rest assured they are still working on it 😁👍

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99